Lens Distortion Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lens Distortion Question

Hi guys. I need to make a lens which distorts an image in an animation. Here is a sketch of the image distortion required on the left side (it will be a more smooth distortion - ignore the hard lines):

I am going to skew my scene here.

So I guess my question is, what is the best way to accomplish this using the Vray Camera. Since it will be animated, is there a better way to do this in post with Photoshop Batching or After Effects? Should I 'create' a glass lens in front/attached to the camera? The last option would require a bit of guess work I suppose.
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

It's totaly a guess work. Try asking Valdo about this, as I saw his small workaround for this I mean - you tell which distorsions formulas should be used by VRay Ph.Camera...
    I just can't seem to trust myself
    So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    CG Artist

Comment

He recently commented on matchmoving with Syntheyes if that's what you are referring to - but this is a different case. It's like lens correction with a really funky shape.

Comment

I would say model 2 lenses in max.. one for the first distortion and one for the 2nd.. then use morph targets to get the animtion thing a happening...

mmmm might work

Comment

By looking at those pictures, I'd guess the bulge would mean a greater bubble (depth) at the bottom? Just having problems trying to picture what a lens would do to achieve that.

There's gotta be a much easier way to accomplish this...

Comment

Working...
          X