Invisible Lights in Vray 1.5 R.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invisible Lights in Vray 1.5 R.2

I just upgraded to the new release and I'm using the new renderer on my current project (maybe a bad idea, huh?) anyways, I'm having trouble understanding exactly how the new Vray light settings work with my scene. I've read the help file explaining the invisible, visible to specular, and visible to diffuse parameters, but now things aren't working the way I want. I have many light fixtures with a vray light within the fixture to make them appear to light the scene (so it's visible to everything,) and then i have larger vray plane lights below the fixtures that i make invisible, but i am not sure what to do with the new setting options. i certainly want these lower lights to light the scene, but i do NOT want to see big white rectangles in the reflection of my flooring and windows. So, which combination of settings should I use? Sorry, i don't have the time to play with the settings to figure it out on my own this time. Thank you very much in advance.

- Alex

Just uncheck affect specular. Thats it.
    http://mikebracken.cgsociety.org/gallery/

Comment

ya know, i tried that first, but my entire scene became very dark. i turned it back on, no good though, but now with it off it works correctly again. i guess maybe i turned off affect diffuse by mistake, but anyways, thank you.

Comment

"The Invisibile option only affects the appearance of the light when it is directly seen by the camera or through refractions. The visibility on the light with respect to reflections is controlled by it's Affect specular option."

So i would check both affect specular and the invisible boxes
        Greg

Comment

Working...
        X