No announcement yet.

Render engines challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please do....its chaotic to convert this scene....
    and it would be wiser to have one vray scene only to compare lighting computation results...
    Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
    nuno@ene-digital.com
    00351 917593145

Comment

It's just in the ballpark for now.
      Haven't gone through the geometry, but i can see it may lead to issues.
      Will try and fix it better later.
      For now, it's here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/32740904/test.rar.html

Comment

oH! I like it..

BTW - Is there a possiblity to use ptlens camera distorsion base with VRay ? It takes to much time to match distorsion amount in Vr Ph. Camera with image. (I'm rendering box, and then processes it with ptlens in PS)
        I just can't seem to trust myself
        So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
        ---------------------------------------------------------
        CG Artist

Comment

http://rapidshare.de/files/32752594/...ele01.rar.html

No images here, but i lightened the scene a bit (of a bleeding lot. halfsize on disk.)
          I do not know where the models come from (Aside from the obvious ones) but boy, i have rarely seen a "max" scene look like this.
          Besides, may i ask what is the point of modelling the wires holding the lightbulb hot wire, with the lamp holder, the glass tube, and all the other INVISIBLE detail, for HALF A MILLION polygons?
          Or why put 30k polys on a FLAT table, when the Chairs exhibit clear shading issues due to low polycounts?
          You're surely giving the renderers a run for their money, hey...

Lele.

Comment

OMG seems u think that ISma hate Vray or prefer some render engine respect the chaosgroup one, I know him and I'm sure he do it only to discover the better thing of any render respect others, why this behaviour?
            sarcasn ironic and so on?

Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

https://www.facebook.com/essetreddi..../photos_albums

Comment

Originally posted by pengo
              OMG seems u think that ISma hate Vray or prefer some render engine respect the chaosgroup one, I know him and I'm sure he do it only to discover the better thing of any render respect others, why this behaviour?
              sarcasn ironic and so on?

I dont think Lele's comment was in any way directed at your friend. To be honest, if your going to distribute a scene to be rendered by everyone in this manner, its kinda a good thing to keep it tidy and the poly count efficient. I would love to take the scene for a spin, but I can't even think about touching the new vray for a bit.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Sarchastic, I am.
                No mistake there.
                I plainly wonder what i asked: why are vertices disjointed, faces doubled, poly details all over the place?
                If that is a test, i may be Santa Claus.
                Standards should be followed, to avoid incongruencies down the line.
                If smoothing groups are crapped, shading will also be crapped.
                If faces are double, and coincident, shading errors will be abundant.
                If pivot points, and axes, are splayed and badly oriented, anisotropy will work badly and unpredictably.
                If you leave maxwell materials in the scene, which are not applied, the scene will load asking for the Maxwell plugin, and display empty material slots, with no brackets, and for the MOST people, unintelligible names.
                If you use Raytrace materials all over the place, even for very simple ones, you force hand conversion of them all. You'd have been much better off using standard materials everywhere for a BASE scene to spread to people.
                I doubt i need to rant more over this, as i fixed it for the more evident issues already.
                Just don't take it personally. I'm creating no victims here, I'm plainly asking, as it's evident I would have expected something else for widespread distribution and testing.
                That's all.

Lele

Comment

I downloaded the model posted by isma/Vlado I re-did what I disliked for bad/ heavy geometry and I did a test, but I don't expect or pretend to get better scene or think that he prefer to give bad scene to vrayuser to make them longer rendertimes and so on, what I really found strange that a person like Isma who try to tests everything to learn and get better results from rendering engines have to be treated in this way always here.

In previous post was one was using a not licensed version only because was not shown the vray logo then someone discovered that logo was not shown by ppt renders and then that was not useful to noone the thread he started and so on
                  I still don't understand the reason maybe because he is a maxwell user too? or why?

I think that the way to react to the posts by not known people here in this forum is not so nice for a forum where was possible to talk and asks everything before.

I know him so I defend him because I know his passion (about vray first of all but maybe not blieved by all here seems so) about graphics and especially renders
                  That is only my opinion
                  excuse my bad english
                  I hope to see nice tests as he would like to see that was his intention
                  Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

https://www.facebook.com/essetreddi..../photos_albums

Comment

yeah good point, lets stop the hating and produce some good images! remember a picture is worth a thousand words....
                    Chris Jackson
                    Shiftmedia
                    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

This scene is abit of a mess just like that other scene. Some flaky/bad geometry.. and stupidly high poly counts... i think it was close to 1/2 million for the handrail outside the window
                      This scene in my opinion shouldnt have been released in this condition.
                      As its not fit for a true benchmark IMO
                      missing maps..etc..etc..

p.s. im not having a dig as isma, i think its GREAT that he does these scenes for benchmarking.. really good.. but sitll things need to be tidied up abit.

Comment

Just an update, ISMA PM'd me and said that the missing bump maps have been put into the textures zip file. So you need to re-download it to get the missing files.

And these files prova.jpg bianco.jpg elcroquis1.jpg that 3dsmax may complain about are not actually part of the render so those dont matter.

Comment

Guys, just STOP blaming isma!

Just STOP.

Optimize the scene, share it and test it.
                          I'm testing right now - and it's damn good I used polycruncher for shrinking polys and now I'm happy with polycount Now optimizing materials, to 100% match photo
                          I just can't seem to trust myself
                          So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
                          ---------------------------------------------------------
                          CG Artist

Comment

Paul why are you "rendering box, and then processes it with ptlens in PS"

Doesnt that defeat the purpose of the test? To test vray and not PS?
                            Chris Jackson
                            Shiftmedia
                            www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Paul,
                              Once you have done all the fixing up of the scene how about you share yours then
                              And also we (well atleast I) am not blaming him, as such. But you got to admit posting an unoptimized scene with missing textures isnt all that good for benchmark purposes!!

Sure we could fix it up ourselves, but then that too is pointless for a benchmark scene unless here is one globally "fixed" scene that everyone uses.

As I said before.. its GREAT that he is doing this.. I think its a good idea.. BUT it isnt yet perfect for benchmarking.

Comment

Originally posted by pengo
                                I downloaded the model posted by isma/Vlado I re-did what I disliked for bad/ heavy geometry and I did a test, but I don't expect or pretend to get better scene or think that he prefer to give bad scene to vrayuser to make them longer rendertimes and so on, what I really found strange that a person like Isma who try to tests everything to learn and get better results from rendering engines have to be treated in this way always here.

In previous post was one was using a not licensed version only because was not shown the vray logo then someone discovered that logo was not shown by ppt renders and then that was not useful to noone the thread he started and so on
                                I still don't understand the reason maybe because he is a maxwell user too? or why?

I think that the way to react to the posts by not known people here in this forum is not so nice for a forum where was possible to talk and asks everything before.

I know him so I defend him because I know his passion (about vray first of all but maybe not blieved by all here seems so) about graphics and especially renders
                                That is only my opinion
                                excuse my bad english
                                I hope to see nice tests as he would like to see that was his intention
                                He learned how to use V-Ray in the first post and maybe he will learn how to model in this one. What's the problem?
                                Eric Boer
                                Dev

Comment

Working...
                                X