Render engines challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RErender
    He learned how to use V-Ray in the first post and maybe he will learn how to model in this one. What's the problem?
    HAHAHA Im gonna have to say I agree with you on that one RErender, well put

Comment

i like your thinking eric
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

jacksc02, well I'm about lens distorsion. To guess needed value you can simply render smth like box with different distorsions. Then using the exif data from the original photo and ptlens.... damn loong

DaForce Yes sir!
        I just can't seem to trust myself
        So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
        ---------------------------------------------------------
        CG Artist

Comment

Good lad

heheh thanks mate

Comment

Isma has now optimized the scene... atleast a little and it is now available to download via the same links. He asks everyone to download it again and optimize more if needed.

Comment

If he could share the Rhino scene, it would be even better.
              We'd be able to poligonalise at heart's content, and start a fresh max scene from there.
              Another wasted 2c of mine, anyways.

Lele

Comment

hmmmmm
                Chris Jackson
                Shiftmedia
                www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

bla bla bla bla when will u show something instead to talk?
                  u are not useful with those stupid critiques
                  Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

https://www.facebook.com/essetreddi..../photos_albums

Comment

Originally posted by pengo
                    bla bla bla bla when will u show something instead to talk?
                    u are not useful with those stupid critiques
                    Eric Boer
                    Dev

Comment

what's strange rerender ?
                      Here someone posted a scene and until now only one test was posted the rest only bla bla bla like childs

is it not so?

If u want to agree to challenge do the test that's is simply what I mean!!
                      unil now ISMA .... the models...., the textures...., what a boring thread it is only boring critiques where is the old vray user who loves to do tests ?

only those two or three Hyper critique people???
                      the challenge object was not to win as the most critique person in the forum but maybe another, only rubbish until now from what I can see
                      Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

Comment

lol pengo, where are your renders?

A lot of us are working on it but it takes time to optimize and retexture, now every day the model changes, missing maps are supplied, etc...

I have had some good results but I am still tweaking. I have already spent several hours on this "project" mostly converting raytrace mats by hand and adjusting geometry a little. What do you want from us man, you know our results will be good and fast when we are done so what is the hurry?
                        Eric Boer
                        Dev

Comment

chill out man!
                          we like to talk!probably thats what makes this comunity unique!
                          i find this thred most interesting and i do have to agree with all the critics!
                          this scene is unbereably and unbelievably heavy to serve the purpose....
                          nevertheless i gess all of us r tweaking the scene in our free time...so u have to be patient and sit down for a minute and accept all the criticism in a constructiv way!
                          capice?
                          Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
                          nuno@ene-digital.com
                          00351 917593145

Comment

what ???
                            what I want from u?
                            ME nothing only less critique and more images would be preferred in my modest point of view
                            I always respected all and about my test I posted in the first page after tweaked the scene too but no critique or ilharious or sarchastic comments to the other as someone did here with wich result?
                            So Nothing to Laugh from me or better i f u want
                            laugh how much u want

I expressed my opinion pushing to the respect to the person who posted a scene for a challenge as should be in a normal way but maybe I am like an alien here

good laugh to u

I exit from this thread

Comment

Originally posted by pengo
                              what ???
                              what I want from u?
                              ME nothing only less critique and more images would be preferred in my modest point of view

I exit from this thread
                              That's why I asked not to blame isma
                              hehe

Question to all of ya - it was made in Rhino ? Then it would be nice to share the originals.
                              I just can't seem to trust myself
                              So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
                              ---------------------------------------------------------
                              CG Artist

Comment

Paul, we were not blaming ISMA.. mearly pointing out his scene wasnt presented in a format that wasnt suitable for a benchmark.

Also I asked him for the rhino files

pengo:
                                Man whats YOUR problem??
                                Your are making a bigger deal out of this than ISMA (well from what he has PM'ed me about he doesnt seem to find too much)
                                He seemed to go to alot of effort to get the scene for us, and all the finro with all the pictures..etc..etc.. why not make the scene worthy as well.

Think about it. if he posted a scene that was optimized, had all vray materials and nice mesh there would have been NO problems at all. The issue is he posted a scene that wasnt suitable for benchmarking... so the people who would render it had to take the time to fix it. And most people here dont have that sort of "spare" time. Thats the main issue.

Look anyway, once on of the chaps here posts a nicely optimized scene... (hows that going Paul ) we will start posting some nice renders

Peace man.

Comment

Working...
                                X