No announcement yet.

Render engines challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So a high postcount grants you the right to mess up threads, huh? nice.
    V.Kiuru

Comment

• So being a newbie allows you to be a smartass on your first post?

Comment

• If it's called for, yes. I was interested to see results but you guys are just plain boring and ruining the thread. I understand the scene doesn't fit for benchmark but seeing how many of you guys are so eager to bash Maxwell you could have spent this time doing something else than this

V.Kiuru

Comment

• Well it wasnt called for... at all.

Im sure there will be results. But this thread wouldnt have gotten any further if we hadnt "messed it up".

How about instead of being checky why not post some reason of it, get the thread back kicking again. That would be more productive.

I havnt had time to do any myself, which im sure is the case for alot of the other people here.
          But they will come hopefully.

- Alleged thread messerupperer

p.s. Welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy your stay, may it be a long and enjoyable one .. hehehe

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiuru
            So a high postcount grants you the right to mess up threads, huh? nice.
            No. You have to be from Australia.
            Surreal Structures
            http://surrealstructures.com/blog

Comment

• Now thats low!!

jacksc02, paulison, dejaVu..etc..etc.. what do you have to say to Frances' comment?

Comment

• who ever think this is a pointless thread u should head to isma s original thread in the fryrender forum....0 replys so far!
                i must admit that i had interest in playing with this testscene in the begining...but its useless i just moved on to some other experiments...though i think we all could build up some scene to serve the same purpose. i think it would be a nice chalenge to try to replicate some different photos in various conditions with vray...
                Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
                nuno@ene-digital.com
                00351 917593145

Comment

• Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

https://www.facebook.com/essetreddi..../photos_albums

Comment

• Not much going on in the maxwell forum either, 4 replies and most of them are from isma. http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/v...highlight=isma

Better get to work Kiuru and save this thing...

Oh, and for once Frances is right!
                    Eric Boer
                    Dev

Comment

• Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

https://www.facebook.com/essetreddi..../photos_albums

Comment

• This thread is now about cheesecake...

1 cup HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs

3 Tbsp. sugar

3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted

1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened

3/4 cup sugar

1-1/3 cups fruit juice*

2 cups sliced, fresh strawberries, blueberries or raspberries

1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed

Preparation
                        MIX crumbs, 3 Tbsp. sugar and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes if using a silver springform pan; cool. (Bake at 300°F for 10 minutes if using a dark nonstick springform pan.)

BEAT cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add fruit juice; mix until blended. Gently stir in berries and whipped topping.

POUR over prepared crust. Freeze 6 hours or until firm. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before cutting to serve.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

• Thanks for the recipe!

Comment

• Another good variation is an oreo crust. need to take the white center out and smash them up to little crumbs but I prefer it.

Comment

• Yes you're right I should be posting renders. However, I tried this scene some 4 days ago and again today. For some reason this scene crashes on my comp with the Vray Physical Camera. It doesn't crash right away but at random times when I'm working on viewports.. quite annoying. I've seen posts about this by others also. And the crash is the nasty type in which Max just disappears and I don't even get the notice stating "Max has crashed blabla would you like to save the current scene"

This does not happen with every scene.
                              V.Kiuru

Comment

• Doh.
                                Now, you are really starting to get into the spirit of things.
                                High post count, in most cases (DaForce is of course excluded from this line of reasoning: being an Aussie it works the other way around) means EXPERIENCE.
                                That same experience that had me ripping me f**king hair off as i opened the slighly poly heavy scene.
                                Now you're having max CRASH because of it (that's what it does when out of videoram, sorry to let you know) and woah, i'm sure the previous rants from the thread messers do make some sense.
                                By all means, matey, welcome aboard.

Lele

Comment

Working...
                                X