No announcement yet.

Render engines challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol - top 5 posters are top 5 cause they have a lot to say and sometimes much of nothing - but I personally find it entertaining unless they discuss WoW (thank god I never got addicted.) So if you just learn to skim effectively Kiuru and watch for any culprit over 2500 posts (I personally think their posts counts should blink red) - it should make for a wonderful experience.

Just be careful, some of those 2500+ posters ocasionally have a valid point to make since they're always on the forum observing other people's mistakes. You may miss out on some important information by skimming through their monologues.

As for Isma, he's a good fellow - but he might want to optimize a scene before submitting it to various render engines thereby killing everyone's time. If you saw the other thread (and noticed your own crashes on this one), you'd realize how relatively unimportant this 'challenge' is in the grander scheme of the universe.

And yes hmmm, Frances is right - crikey!
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

• Yes but after reading more carefully I still don't understand what causes these crashes. I mean I deal with scenes well over 4mil polys every day, so polycount is not the problem. So no, for me "the previous rants from the thread messers" still do not make sense. I'm still pretty clueless as to why this and some other scenes crash with the Physical Camera no matter what I do.. I'm not very educated tech-wise. Care to give me some tips as to what avoid in these scenes?
      V.Kiuru

Comment

• Now, now.
        The threadmesser above surely has skimmed over the issue at some point.
        Just start reading backward from post 4500, so the Australian jargon becomes clearer.
        I do not like being asked for help while the asker holds an hammer in his right and is not afraid to use it.
        But that's me, and i AM caustic and difficult a chap.

Lele

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiuru
          why this and some other scenes crash with the Physical Camera no matter what I do..
          does the scene crash when doing viewport stuff even if there are no cameras around, physical or not?

Comment

• damn ungreatfull bunch of sods

The thread had already bottomed out, and not really my doing, so why not talk about whatever.

Heck atleast it got more posts than the maxwell forum and fryrender forums.
            Perhaps we should emulate them, and post nothing. yeah thats MUCH better.

Kiuru:
            What version of max and vray are you using?
            Have you tried re-installing vray?
            Also if its crashing try removing all vraylights and vrayphysicalcamera and replace them.. just recreate them and see if that helps.

But maybe you dont want to listen to me because apparently I just talk shite all the time

Comment

• do i want to put my 2 cents in?

I dont really want to be labelled a threadmesseruper....
              Chris Jackson
              Shiftmedia
              www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

• Hang on, i though this forum was all about freedom of speech, I remember some thread about that awhile ago

But maybe thats only when it suits certain people.

You had better be carefull CJ people are quick to judge around here.... but only sometimes it seems.

Comment

• http://mikebracken.cgsociety.org/gallery/

Comment

• Heheheh guys. Kiss and make up already.

Kiuru - welcome to the forum and hope we don't scare you off too badly. Sounds like you've had a wonderful introduction here already
                    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by DaForce
                      But maybe you dont want to listen to me because apparently I just talk shite all the time
                      Nah, not NECESSARILY shite.
                      Just uncomprhensible crap.
                      Down-undah, hey?
                      Comes with the model...

Lele

Comment

• Sometimes I get sick of dumbing things down for people...

Comment

• duh?

Lele

Comment

• It only takes a short time being on this forum to understand that alot
                            of the things posted here are frivolous and silly, but that is what makes this forum so damn fun. Daforce...keep dumbing it down....it makes for
                            interesting reading.
                            http://mikebracken.cgsociety.org/gallery/

Comment

• Righto

Comment

• 5 posts in to the forum and I've already made friends! :P

DaForce: I feel I should clarify myself a bit. I've mostly been using, I guess, heavily moderated forums in which topics usually do not go off-topic.. and I'm really interested in all kinds of comparison tests even though they usually make little sense, so I would've loved seeing more results (and yes at the moment I see the problem with this, seeing as I myself can't even use the scene for more than 5mins at a time ) Nothing personal meant.

About the Physical Camera -crashes: no the scene does not crash once I've removed the Vray Cameras (sometimes I think the VraySun is causing this too put not sure.) I'm using RC2 and nope haven't tried reinstalling but will try it now. Thanks for the help.
                                V.Kiuru

Comment

Working...
                                X