Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some 1,5 questions...

hi guys!

been trying the 1,5 version now and have some questions.... (sorry if they have been asked before... )

1) If using the new Vray physical camera with its exposure option, should I use LWF to get "correct" lighting? or just leave the colormapping to default linear?

2) I used to work in LWF (burning the gamma into the render using gamma colormapping 1/0,4545 and rendering to the Vray framebuffer). To get the same result in vray 1,5, could I use use linear colormapping 1/1 with the gamma setting at 2,2? If so, why do we still have the option of using gamma colormapping? when would it be better to use it, compared to linear?

3) not knowing anything about photography... could someone give me some pointers of what values to use for f-stop/shutterspeed/filmspeed etc for interior daylight shots?

thanks in advance!

1) If using the new Vray physical camera with its exposure option, should I use LWF to get "correct" lighting? or just leave the colormapping to default linear?
    http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=16147

What I find works well for exterior renders with Vray Sun/Sky and LWF is Reinhard mapping with a burn of 0.5.

3) not knowing anything about photography... could someone give me some pointers of what values to use for f-stop/shutterspeed/filmspeed etc for interior daylight shots?
    http://www.robert-barrett.com/photo/...alculator.html
    "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

2) I used to work in LWF (burning the gamma into the render using gamma colormapping 1/0,4545 and rendering to the Vray framebuffer).
      Just a note about an old thread, skogskalle, this is LWF just if you stay inside Max, and you don't have to print, to project, and so on.

My opinion is that linear with default settings work best for all situations, except that you have very bright materials that are too burned, in this case you may use Reinhard and play with the burn value (also if it's not very real), starting from 1 and lowering it.
      But I think the best way is to use good, dark materials

Comment

thanks for the replies!

Ill try the reinhard colormapping and see how it goes...

Comment

Working...
        X