Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affect Alpha in VrayDirt

Hi,

I've notice that there is a Affect alpha checkbox in the new VrayDirt map. Anyone can explain how this work because I found nothing in the help file about this.

Thanks!

Re: Affect Alpha in VrayDirt

Originally posted by SylvainJ
    Hi,

I've notice that there is a Affect alpha checkbox in the new VrayDirt map. Anyone can explain how this work because I found nothing in the help file about this.

Thanks!
    Thanks, we are working on adding that to the Help index as well.

In short:
    That check-box will allow you do blend the dirt with the diffuse colour (if any different than the default one). For example if you have a red diffuse and the VRayDirt in the diffuse map slot as well, checking the Affect Alpha will add that red diffuse colour to the final rendering of the object, and it would be blended with dirt map colours.

Best regards,
    nikki Candelero
    .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

If I'm understanding correctly, isn't "Affect Alpha" a bit confusing since it does nothing to the actual final image alpha. Maybe a relabel to something like "Blend with Diffuse" or "Transparent Dirt" or anything else would make it a little more obvious what's it's supposed to do.
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Re: Affect Alpha in VrayDirt

Originally posted by Candelero
        add that red diffuse colour to the final rendering of the object, and it would be blended with dirt map colours.
        Youve lost me, I thought this was how the vray dirt worked anyway?

edit: ooh, is it an opacity setting for the dirt itself?

Comment

Thanks nikki !

Comment

Working...
          X