1.5 Template or something....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.5 Template or something....

Having a little trouble and I was wondering if anyone had a template max file, with a vray sun/Sky/vrayCamera set up. I have this massing model and I want to use the new features, but everything comes out a little brighter than I thought....... Any tips are appreciated.

Thanx
    Eric Camper
    Studio 3D
    www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

i have no 'template' max file

but there's some tips in this thread how to adjust your physical camera 'exposure'
    http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=16290
    Harry G

Comment

You may also take a look at the updated Help index.

Direct link:
      http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150R...icalcamera.htm

Best regards,
      nikki Candelero
      .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Ok......Just thought someone could upload a file that they have already rendered out, with all of there geometry deleted...Not trying to steal someones work, just when everything has changed and I see everyone posting these great renderings and they say...ALL I did was insert the sun/sky and BAM.....This is not the case.... From what I gather...is that we no longer need ANY LIGHTS in the scene....Just the Sun/Sky......My sky turns out completely white.....Do I still need to use a background of some sort.?
        And when you say set the time and day.....Where is that, or do I just assume north is up and then adjust the direction of my sun accordingly. I think I understand the exposure a little, as I kinda know something about cameras....But just a little.......My model is coming out orange, and all the materials on the model are white. Any tips are helpful

Later all
        Eric Camper
        Studio 3D
        www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

your multipliers are out of range. with the physical sun/sky beeing EXTREMLY bright you need to either use the physcam and adjust exposure/f-stop/shutter, or turn down both the sun and the skymap's multipliers a LOT (i used 0.008 mostly)

Regards,
          Thorsten

Comment

Take a look at 3Dinsider.com, they had a mov of the new features on 1.5 and it details the sky/sun settings, it works as I copied what the mov was showing and got the required results. Can upload the mov somewhere if you wish as it it 75 megs, suppose I could just export out that section and email to you??

Tom
            Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

Comment

As for the Vray sun, The mutiplier of 1, is that assuming your units are in Meters? So if we are working in Feet, we need to make that 1/2.8 or what ever the conversion is(dont know it off the top of my head).

I have to admit that the Camera and the Sun has been giving me troubles, So I still use the Direct and normal max camera. And I havent had time to play around and figure out how the units matter.

Comment

oh, and if it's just your sky turning out white, check on "affect background" in the color mapping

Comment

Eric,

Try this,

Add vray sun, add vraysky to material editor instance it to the Vray skylight overide slot and the 3dsmax environment slot.

Now add a vrayphysical camera, if its and exterior shot, lower iso to about 100, f-stop/number to about 8 and say the shutter speed to 30 ro so, and see how that render, then just adjust the camera some more if needed.
                  OR user a standard camera, and drop teh sun and sky multipliers down to like 0.005.

Comment

Template

Hi,
                    there is a thread from pixeljockey with an example file. Useful for me.

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...r=asc&start=25

regards

Comment

Working...
                    X