Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• distibuted rendering issues

http://static.flickr.com/88/250377009_30222ed56d_o.jpg

I'm doing distributed rendeings over two computers. one is the desktop that I am working on and the other is a node. the buckets are comming out different for some reason. take a look at the image linked above and you will notice that some squares are lighter than others.

the iamges renders fine when I render it in each machiene or as a net render.

does anybody knnow what this is happening?
    res3d

I have this happen frequently in 1.5. DR is much more stable than before, but sometimes render nodes are not loading the environment maps, even though they can see them.

What I do is do a remote desktop logon to the offending machine(s), stop and then restart the VraySpawner. This usually solves the problem.

Usually when this happens its my fault because I try to DR on my render nodes, without checking to see if my assistant is rendering to one of the nodes in backburner. This causes VraySpawner to open a copy of max while the backburner service is also running. I'm guessing that this maxes out the memory, and causes VraySpawner to not load all the maps, particularly HDRIs or large bitmaps.
    "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

distibuted rendering issues

thanks, that solved it.
      res3d

Comment

Working...
      X