Anyone in here use Archicad?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in here use Archicad?????

I Need help exporting from archicad to max.
    1. What format is the best (3ds.dwg.obj)
    2. I need layer names and materials saved with the file.
    3. I tried every combination and no real sucess
    Im at my witt's end here. So if anyone out thier uses Archicad and max PLEASE give me your export settings.

I get archicad models all of the time from one client and they export in 3ds, that does kill layernames ( convert to autocad official names ).and materials gets wierd names aswell, but using the "select by material" option usually works, then theres the center of drawing thing- fastest is just to copy the whole thing into a new drawing with center in center of window.
    hope it helps some
    ptr

Comment

Yes that makes perfect sense, and thanks for answering peter. Yeah the architects here really dont care about 0,0,0 when starting a new drawing. It becomes a real headache when importing things in and thier 10,000 miles off the screen.Thanks Gadzooks

Comment

Plastic has his ArchiCAD® import wizard
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

yeah, or what works better, if you need layers but not materials, you can use dwg.
          unfortunately it's either layers/dwg or materials/3ds.
          my script helps to clean up the imported file.
          with dwg it's a good idea to get rid of the zero-geometry "BLOCK" objects, after importing.
          apparently dwg file-link is working now with archicad9 and max, so you can update geometry in archicad and it's linked to the max scene, but again this only seems to work without materials.
          but if you assign materials in max, objects updated via file link keep their assigned material settings.
          Marc Lorenz
          ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
          www.marclorenz.com
          www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
            X