Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Renderfarm ? - Does the 32/64 bit mix work at all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Renderfarm ? - Does the 32/64 bit mix work at all?

I see people asking whether the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of vray will produce identical results. A very good question... however, I'm wondering if backburner even WORKs at all if you submit a job from 64-bit max to a farm of 32-bit maxes (or a mix thereof).

A spicy thread at Autodesk Area seems to indicate that it's "not supported" but in my mind that's not the same as "it doesn't work."

It would be nice if we could at the very least submit to backburner from a 64-bit workstation and choose to render on just the 32-bit nodes or just the 64-bit nodes.

Has anyone tested this conclusively?

Not working for me, not with DR nor Backburner. The only workaround (mixed 32 & 64bit) is to use 64bit for creating the scene and to start the rendering from max 32bit.
    Not satisfying
    http://www.eldaco.net

Comment

Re: Another Renderfarm ? - Does the 32/64 bit mix work at al

Originally posted by davision
      however, I'm wondering if backburner even WORKs at all if you submit a job from 64-bit max to a farm of 32-bit maxes (or a mix thereof).
      I doubt that (I seem to remember some notes on this on the 3dsmax 9 beta forum) but I haven't actually tried it.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Re: Another Renderfarm ? - Does the 32/64 bit mix work at al

Originally posted by davision
        It would be nice if we could at the very least submit to backburner from a 64-bit workstation and choose to render on just the 32-bit nodes or just the 64-bit nodes.
        You can make Globals group in Backburner...

One group with 32bits and another for 64...

Bye...
        My Flickr

Comment

Working...
        X