Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray fur on entire living room floor?

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to use vrayfur on an entire livingroom floor.
    When we try to do this max crashes, it is possible to make just the floor but when we place all the furniture in, max crashes.

Anyone did this succesfully?

Erik
    A full render queu is a thing of beauty !

A more efficient way to do this would be to create a small furry tile as geometry (e.g. with 3dsmax's hair&fur), and then replicate this (perhaps as v-ray proxy) over the floor.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hm,

Gonna give that a try, but i am affraid this is going to give a lot of tiling in the floor.
      A full render queu is a thing of beauty !

Comment

Originally posted by Erik de Graaf
        Hm,

Gonna give that a try, but i am affraid this is going to give a lot of tiling in the floor.
        You can mix two or three different types of tiles with different sizes.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

I'm actually surprised as to why vrayfur wouldn't be a better choice. I thought the whole point of it was to have a native fur object that could load dynamically and let you use lots of it in a scene.
          Signing out,
          Christian

Comment

I personally found that the geometry option worked better on a christmas tree than vray fur for render times - it was way heavier memory wise but a little bit quicker - that said I got a nicer "hang" from the vray fur. Try using particle flow with a bent cylinder and you'll get similar results.

Comment

Originally posted by trixian
              I'm actually surprised as to why vrayfur wouldn't be a better choice. I thought the whole point of it was to have a native fur object that could load dynamically and let you use lots of it in a scene.
              Of course, but dynamically allocating/deallocating the fur from memory may cost a lot of render time. Imagine how many fur strands would be necessary for an entire floor - they all must be generated at one time or another, and perhaps they will be generated several times if they are flushed out of RAM. Of course, some times VRayFur is way better, but for this particular case, there is a more optimized solution, so why not use it...

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Working...
              X