Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Max 9 with 32 and 64 as well as vray 32 and 64?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max 9 with 32 and 64 as well as vray 32 and 64?

Does this mix? I have 2 machines one is 32 bit and one is 64. Submitting a file into backburner gives me a plugin warning on the 32 bit machine.
    No plugin to handle job: Autodesk 3ds Max 9.0 (x64)

any idea? i do guess that vray x64 and vray 32 can handle each other. and no other plugin is used?

cheers

ralf

nope, they don't mix. Max or V-Ray
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

64 and 32 dont mix

what a shame so i have to install the 32 bit vray in my 64 bit max, correct ?

chhers

ralf

Comment

You can install V-Ray 32-bit only on 32-bit 3dsmax.
        You can install V-Ray 64-bit only on 64-bit 3dsmax.

Further on, from what I understand about how backburner works:

(*) You can submit a job from 32-bit 3dsmax only to nodes where 32-bit 3dsmax is installed (but the OS can be a 64-bit OS).
        (*) You can submit a job from 64-bit 3dsmax only to nodes where 64-bit 3dsmax is installed.

This means that on a 64-bit machine, you will most likely need to install both 32-bit and 64-bit 3dsmax so that they can handle the respective backburner jobs.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
          This means that on a 64-bit machine, you will most likely need to install both 32-bit and 64-bit 3dsmax so that they can handle the respective backburner jobs.
          I tried this very thing on one of our nodes and it didn't seem to work. The two installations somehow messed with each other and I couldn't get either of them to work. If anyone gets this combo working, please let me know how.

Thanks!

Comment

Is it me or did they (autodesk) recently give this us information ?

We especially bought some x64 systems because of max9 and now they tell us it wont mix with the 32 bit systems on backburner. It's a bl..dy shame.

Comment

Yeah, but what else would you expect from Autodesk?
              "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Originally posted by gilpo
                I tried this very thing on one of our nodes and it didn't seem to work. The two installations somehow messed with each other and I couldn't get either of them to work. If anyone gets this combo working, please let me know how.
                I have them both installed on the same machine, although, admittedly, I haven't tried to send a backburner job to the machine; I'll try a bit later today.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Is it me or did they (autodesk) recently give this us information ?
                  i never got that memo...thats news to me. 32 bit max files can open 64 bit max files right??....err.... i hope they can.
                  www.boxxtech.com

Comment

Originally posted by posterus
                    32 bit max files can open 64 bit max files right??....err.... i hope they can.
                    Yep, no problem there.

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

32bit max can open 64bit max files, but you can't submit a job to a 32bit slave from a 64bit workstation, even a small file that doesn't require a lot of memory... makes very little sense to me, would cost me a fortune to upgrade my slaves to 64bit

/Thomas
                      www.suurland.com
                      www.cg-source.com
                      www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

I wonder if the flag is editable on submission, perhaps it would be possible to trick back burner into thinking that all jobs are from 32bit max. Haven't recieved my max9 yet so I haven't tried it yet.
                        Eric Boer
                        Dev

Comment

We are working on giving Deadline the functionality to logically submitt from both 32/64 to a farm of 32/64. We have part of the equation worked out but some testing is still being done.

http://software.franticfilms.com/ind...?page=deadline
                          Jon Reynolds
                          Method Studios

Comment

Originally posted by jreynolds
                            We are working on giving Deadline the functionality to logically submitt from both 32/64 to a farm of 32/64. We have part of the equation worked out but some testing is still being done.

http://software.franticfilms.com/ind...?page=deadline
                            Hey Jonathan, any updates for Deadline and the 32/64 issue?
                            Tim Nelson
                            timnelson3d.com

Comment

It has worked great for us here when it was used. I think that most of our slaves are up and running with 64 at this point but there are still a few 32 and they were tested as a combo farm in the past. It's not something that I use on a day-to-day basis but you can check it out for yourself in Deadline 2.6

http://software.franticfilms.com/rel...dline/releases

let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer them ofr direct you to the popper person.
                              Jon Reynolds
                              Method Studios

Comment

Working...
                              X