Edge enhancement and precalculated irradiance map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edge enhancement and precalculated irradiance map

I'm trying to fit the new edge enhancement into our workflow for animations. It works and looks fine when you calculate the irradiance map on the fly with edge enhancement turned on. But if you use a precalculated irmap (like you would with an animation or even a still) the edge enhancement is ALOT darker and now just looks like a dirt pass I have no control over. Obviously this is caused by the fact its not saved with the irrad map.

Is there a way around this problem? Ive used dirtmap passes in the past, which work great, but since its multiplied over the render, small corners that would receive light (think undercabinet lighting) instead get darkened, and I have to rerender another 'local' light pass. I'm not interested in creating some sort of mix map with a dirtmap in each and every material.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

You need to use World scale for the detail enhancement in the case of animations.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
    X