Dual Install on MAX 8 and VIZ 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Install on MAX 8 and VIZ 2007

Is this possible ? If yes, how do i make it work.
    vRay is already installed on Max 8 and i would like to install it on VIZ 2007 to.

Not max8/viz2007 but in the past I've had several versions of 3dsmax: 6,7&8 + VIZ4, 2005 & 2006 installed simultaneously, they all worked nicely including VRay, Vray had to be authorized only once for the machine, not for every program.

This is still how it behaves with 3dsmax7, 8 & 9 here ( software lock i what I am using, not the phisical one)

Fermí

Comment

that is true, you can have as many max/viz as you want on a machine.
      and once u double-click a max file, it'll open in the application used most often. i think that somehow goes into the registery...

Comment

Originally posted by Fermi
        Not max8/viz2007 but in the past I've had several versions of 3dsmax: 6,7&8 + VIZ4, 2005 & 2006 installed simultaneously, they all worked nicely including VRay, Vray had to be authorized only once for the machine, not for every program.

This is still how it behaves with 3dsmax7, 8 & 9 here ( software lock i what I am using, not the phisical one)

Fermí
        Then how do i make vRay run under VIZ ? Do i have to manualy copy the files ? If so, which one and where ?

Comment

just run the install and point it at viz
          Eric Boer
          Dev

Comment

Originally posted by RErender
            Unfortunately when i re-run the installer i get this message :
            A previous version of V-Ray for 3dsmax R8 x86 is already installed. This version must be uninstalled before the installation can continue.

Press Ok to uninstall the previous version or Cancel to abort the installation.

So that will delete it within Max ...

Comment

are you installing it under viz?
              Chris Jackson
              Shiftmedia
              www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Originally posted by DanielHurtubise
                Originally posted by RErender
                Unfortunately when i re-run the installer i get this message :
                A previous version of V-Ray for 3dsmax R8 x86 is already installed. This version must be uninstalled before the installation can continue.

Press Ok to uninstall the previous version or Cancel to abort the installation.

So that will delete it within Max ...
                You can cancel the uninstall. In that case, the previous version will be kept, and the new one will be installed the new location.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                X