Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray lightmaterial multiplier

hi!

In Vray1,5 we can now choose to use real world units (like Watts) when setting the multiplier for a vray light. Is there any way of doing this for a vraylightmaterial?

Also, are there any plans for a more complex vray light, where we can use different shapes than "planar" and "spherical"??

best regards
    Kalle

Re: vray lightmaterial multiplier

Originally posted by skogskalle
    In Vray1,5 we can now choose to use real world units (like Watts) when setting the multiplier for a vray light. Is there any way of doing this for a vraylightmaterial?
    Yes, there is a formula, I'll try to dig this out.

Also, are there any plans for a more complex vray light, where we can use different shapes than "planar" and "spherical"??
    Yes.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

great! thanks vlado!

and another related question while im at it..... If I understand correctly the vraylightmaterial has no direct light, only GI. Would it be possible for you to make it so the vralightmaterial can use direct light as well?

/Kalle

Comment

great! thanks vlado!

and another related question while im at it..... If I understand correctly the vraylightmaterial has no direct light, only GI. Would it be possible for you to make it so the vralightmaterial can use direct light as well?
        Well, this is directly related to your second questions above

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

aaah i guess so

so... do you have any idea of when we can expect to have a directlight-vraylightmaterial??

thanks

Comment

yay, I have only been wanting that for like 10 years hehehe

So will we be able to pick our own mesh to emit the new light?

Comment

I'm sure you will! Even if VRay won't be able to offer that
              I just can't seem to trust myself
              So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
              ---------------------------------------------------------
              CG Artist

Comment

Re: vray lightmaterial multiplier

hi!

when you create a Vraylight, switch to watt and set the multiplier you want (like 60), and switch back to default, in this case there will be 2319. when you're using that multiplier for the lightmat, i think is comparable to 60W or?....
                Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
                www.shack.de

Comment

I dont think so... I think the strength of the vraylightmaterial also depends on the size of the object, and not only the multiplier... I might be wrong though, dont have the time to check it out at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                  X