Files with different units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Files with different units

This is of the topic, but was hoping for some advice.

If I work in a scene with my scene and system units set to meters, what is the best way to go about it if I want to bring an object into this scene if the other scene's unit settings differ?

For example one it has its scene units set to millimeters and system scale set to inches.

Example 2 it has both its scene and system units set to inches.

Thanks

three choices really, one is to scale the objects in sub-object mode. second, scale and then reset their x-forms. third use the "rescale world units" in the utilities panel.
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as everything was modeled to scale, it shouldn't matter?

For instance I am working on an environment in feet, coworker modeled an object for that environment in meters. But both were the proper measurements and I can merge his object into my scene file and everything checks out. (I am referring to the System Unit Scale, not just the display unit)

Just tried it with a simple box converted to an editable mesh, made one in a file with system unit setting of feet and one in a system unit setting of inches, box A was 2 feet and box B was 24 inches, both merge together and are identical.

But if they were not modeled to scale, then yes you'll need to scale it to the proper measurements, otherwise, just merge works for me.
      | LinkedIn | Twitter | JCanimator.com |

Comment

Working...
      X