VRay sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay sun

How should I go about setting up a VRay sun which will reflect the suns location for a specific location on the planet, year, time of year and day?

Thanks

Hi,

you could set up a 3dsmax Sunlight and then align the vraysun to it.

Haven't tested that yet, but I see no reason why this shouldn't work.

Best regards,

Dieter
    --------
    visit my developer blog

Comment

also, link the vraysun to the max sunlightsystem, that way you can alter the sun specs later and your vraysun moves with it.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

This bring me to the next questions, how accurate is the sun data in MAX.

For example in the scene I am busy with I took photos on site and set the time and place in MAX to this. The base of my model is on Z 0, however the MAX sun is below the zero Z height. Which is not true to the data from the photos.

Any options to improve the accuracy with in MAX or am I missing some settings?

Comment

well, do you know the exact z values of the site? also can it depend of daylightsavingstime etc.
          I would say, adjust the sun a bit to match your photo's. You can move the compas up/down/etc and if you linked everything the rest will follow..

Comment

I have a pretty close estimation of the site's height above sea level (10m above sea level) Which was even more strange to me that the sun in lover than the zero Z height.

When placing the VRay sun, to which object should I align its target?

Thanks

Comment

i was just looking at this yesterday. this little tutorial looks like a good way to do the day light with vray.

http://www.vrayelite.com/camsky.php

Comment

Working...
              X