10 Server Limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Server Limit

I have two vray licenses, three local workstations and 10 remote servers. Max 8 and Vray 1.5rc2 (with the new cgauth60.dll) are loaded on all 13. I am trying to render on all machines but Vray only renders on 10, even though it sees the others in the DR Settings box. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Craig

PS. I'm running Windows Server 2003

this is a limit in the vray software license. You can use more than 10 when you get your dongle

Comment

You need Windows Server to use more than 10 machines.
      Kind Regards,
      Richard Birket
      ----------------------------------->
      http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

look on his PS tricky

Comment

Originally posted by aphex79
          this is a limit in the vray software license. You can use more than 10 when you get your dongle
          aphex79: That’s disappointing. How certain of this are you?

tricky: I have server 2003.

Comment

yup: read this: http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...260&highlight=

Comment

Thanks for the link, aphex79.

Comment

The limit is the software.
                Natty
                http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

OK, so the software license is the problem and I have to wait for the dang dongles to access all my machines. And since I can't ask the forbidden question about when the dongles will start shipping lest I should incure the wrath of Da Elf and others, I won't ask. But does anyone know if Vlado takes bribes?

Comment

And since I can't ask the forbidden question about when the dongles will start shipping lest I should incure the wrath of Da Elf and others, I won't ask
                    LOL. That's one of the funniest things I've heard in a while. You should make it your tagline.

On that note, Vlado is very accomodating. Write Chaos and I'm sure theyll try to work out a solution for ya.
                    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

And since I can't ask the forbidden question about when the dongles will start shipping lest I should incure the wrath of Da Elf and others, I won't ask
                      I was very comfortable here with the software licenses, almost not thinking about the small green thnigs, and know what, last week they arrived, the 2 dongles I mean

So they are being shiped and I'd guess they'll finally reach every hidespot.

Cheers

Fermí

Comment

Working...
                      X