1.47 with Max9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.47 with Max9

Can we just install the same 1.47 version for max8 with Max9?

And can we run 64 bit max with the old 32bit 1.47 vray? We need to take one step at a time.
    Tim Nelson
    timnelson3d.com

No and no - max 9 uses a new compiler so it won't work with max 6/7/8 plugins. I don't think there's a 64 bit version of 1.47 for max 9 either (or I didnt see it on the download page anyway)

Comment

Ahh, so we would have to make the leap all at once then right? Either that, or upgrade Vray to 1.5 first and then move on to Max9.

Is there anyone that has noticed a good reason not to upgrade to either yet? So far the only biggy for me is that colourcorrect won't work with 9, but I haven't heard much else that would hinder the production environment.
      Tim Nelson
      timnelson3d.com

Comment

Colourcorrect is in beta for max 9 so if you use it and it seems good enough then yeah go for it - you can get it on www.cuneytozdas.com - I'm in the same camp as you that I havent bothered upgrading yet, mainly as I'm waiting on a new machine and haven't the time to stick it in yet. The performance boost would be worthwhile to upgrade to and if you don't use a lot of plugins then go for it.

Comment

Does this then mean that you should not upgrade to MAX 9 until you receive your dongle otherwise 1.5 wont run?

Comment

Nope, others seem to be running it fine without dongles.

Comment

Colourcorrect is in beta for max 9
              Last I checked, Max 9 32-bit only.
              LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
              HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
              Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee
                Last I checked, Max 9 32-bit only.
                bummer.
                Tim Nelson
                timnelson3d.com