Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I render vrayreflection using split-backburner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I render vrayreflection using split-backburner?

Here's the case:
    I need to render a hi-res still image (4500 pixel long), and i want to render it via backburner using the split-scanline / striped render or whatever it's called.
    I've no problem with network rendering, i've done it for years. But, I can't figure out how to render separate reflection pass this way (or any other of the render elements). Is it do-able?
    Harry G

I'm not sure if Render Elements are supported for striped rendering, but I suppose you can give it a try. Just remember to use the 3dsmax VFB and not the V-Ray one. If striped rendering of render elements works with the scanline renderer, it should work with V-Ray too.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ouch, I didn't realize that it's not a vray problem, but a 3dsmax issue Pardon me

Anyway, i've tried rendering render element with striped rendering (3dsmax FB, no VFB). It seems that 3dsmax did render the elements fine

BUT

the backburner didn't sequentially named the element stripes. So, it saves each stripes in one file, over and over again. And in the end, i just got one element stripe (the last one rendered).
      Of course, i can 'rename' each stripes right after they finished rendering and later stitched 'em manually, but that's just not a solution .
      Harry G

Comment

That happened to me also some days ago.. I found it the hard way. Anyway, it would be nice to have this working on future versions... with DR+backburner also
        Artur Leao | Co-Founder / Project Manager
        You can do it! VFX
        Porto/Lisbon - Portugal
        http://www.ycdivfx.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kameleon
          with DR+backburner also
          Render elements work fine with DR. In the newest versions DR works fine through backburner too.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado, what about my question. Is there a solution http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=17497
            I just can't seem to trust myself
            So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
            ---------------------------------------------------------
            CG Artist

Comment

Working...
            X