Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backburner precalc IR map, odd render times..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backburner precalc IR map, odd render times..

I calced the ir map using BB on only one server, quad Opteron 270. Can anyone make heads or tails of the odd render times? why the big jump from 6-7 minutes to 26 if only two frames apart? I rendered this series of frames because the camera moves quickly past a lot of geometry in the first second or so and then settles in on the same scene for the rest of the time. I used BB so that I could see the list of render times but this is confusing.

any thoughts?

Could you be more specific or post render examples?
    "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

I'm on vacation now and can't post any images. Regardless of the scene, a 400% jump in time within 4 frames is odd. Especially from 6 to 26 and back to 6....

The shot starts out very low over displaced grass. Then quickly pans up and dollies back to a wide shot of a series of appartment buildings. The camera movement is fast in the first second or so then slows and settles on the scene. A second pass will contain some animated people and moving RPCs in the distance. None of these were included in this precalc.

It is just odd to me that in any scene frame 9 is 6:27, 11 is 26:34 and 13 is back to 6:40. then it repeats this again at 19, 21, 23.

this is not terribly important. i thought i would throw it out there to see if anyone else had experienced the same phenomena.

thanks for you interest.

Comment

Subpixel mapping turned off under Color Mapping has been known to spike times. Especially when it hits a bright areas or bright reflections. Turning on clamping can reduce times but also affects quality.
        LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
        HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
        Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

thanks, i'll take a look at that setting when i get back.

How does this setting affect quality? Is the quality affected at video res, 720x486?

Comment

Working...
          X