VRay Plane light & VRay Sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Plane light & VRay Sky

Currently we are rendering some interiors but when I place a VRay plane light at the window it causes a blockage of light from the VRay Sky almost like a solid object.

The way around this is to tick Skylight on the plane light but then the multiplier of the light a unavailable. Is there a way around this ?

thanks

N
    www.morphic.tv
    www.niallcochrane.co.uk

you might want to check invisible in the vray light options.

Comment

Its checked
      www.morphic.tv
      www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

you're right, invisible or not doesn't make any difference with environment/skylight.

Comment

the only way i remember to go round this is to create a 2nd vraylight just slightly in front of the 1st and tick skylight portal!
          Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
          nuno@ene-digital.com
          00351 917593145

Comment

Re: VRay Plane light & VRay Sky

Originally posted by Infrared digital
            The way around this is to tick Skylight on the plane light but then the multiplier of the light a unavailable. Is there a way around this?
            Yep, use the Skylight portal, but use a different (brighter) sky for GI.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for your replies.

In order to increase the light in the interior, increasing the Sky multiplier will affect the exterior. If the outside is already lit, how does this work ?
              www.morphic.tv
              www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

well....
                thats a very wide question...we could list too many options and even talk how this usually hapens in real life...eg. when u shoot an interior with a visible exterior through a window the outside will be completly whased out...
                of course this is cg and this can easily be avoided, but it might result in a not very natural solution...
                the 1st thing that crossed my mind when i read ur post was why s he usin a light on the window instead of vray sun?
                Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
                nuno@ene-digital.com
                00351 917593145

Comment

Working...
                X