shadow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shadow

I have an exterior project that the South side of the building will never get direct sunlight. I am actually matching a photo and the photo was taken at 9:00 am on September the 12th. I have my sun linked to my max daylight and the daylight is turned off. The VraySun is behind the building. I am also using the VRAYSKY with GI. My VRAYCAMERA is f-number 8, shutter speed 100, and film speed is 100. My VRAYSUN is default 1 multiplier. My question is what would be the best way to brighted my scene? The way it is coming out is really realistic, but dark. The photo is much brighter. When I crank up ISO or crank down the f-number or film speed it looks washed out. I am not using LWF or SRGB because with the VRAYCAMERA I found I don't need to mess with it anymore.

A lot of info here, but hopefully it makes sense. Any tips would be appreciated. Also, does the Z height make a differance to sun accurancy? We are about 100' above sea level... would that matter much?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

well infact you do need lwf, doesnt matter what camera. Try setting color mapping to gamma and gamma to 2.2
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Shadows

This gamma still confuses me. Sometimes I need it and sometimes I don't. I went from a CRT to an LCD and it seemed like I did not need to do any gamma correction.

I set my Gamma to 2.2 and it did brighten it up, but just like if I were to use the SGRB or play with the camera. Thanks for the reply
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
      X