Dark Images using Backburner and slaves with 2 Vray versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Images using Backburner and slaves with 2 Vray versions

I created and sent an animation from a machine that has 1.5 installed on it. There is one slave machine that has both 1.5 and 1.47 installed on it. The images rendered on that machine are darker than the ones comming from the other machines. My guess is that its trying to render the frames using 1.47 rather than 1.5.
    Is Backburner "smart" enough to tell the slave what version of Vray to send it to? If not, how would one go about setting this up? We want to keep a version of 1.47 on the slave for older files.
    Its worth noting that on the render slave, the entire Max folder was copied, and paste as a 1.5 install.
    Bret

This sounds more like a problem with Gamma settings than a version mismatch.
    If your workstation is using gamma 2.2 and your render slave is using gamma 1.0, then the frames from the slave would be very dark.
    Try taking it into Photoshop and adjusting the Gamma and see if it matches.
    sigpic

Vu Nguyen
    -------------------------
    www.loftanimation.com.au

Comment

It turns out that BB was assigning the frame using 1.47.03 rather than 1.5 RC3.
      I changed my dual install to the method where the plugin.ini file points to the proper vray version files, it worked fine.
      Bret

Comment

Working...
      X