using artwork in your renderings - copyright issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using artwork in your renderings - copyright issues

Does anyone know about the copyright issues involved if you are doing an architectural rendering and you want to decorate the walls with some art - kind of like this image where i have a tv with a clip from a movie and a picture on the wall with some art (I dont know who the artist is, but its probably someone famous!)

Anyone ever run into any trouble ?
    Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

I'm certainly no authority on the subject, but it was explained to me as such that you're in the clear as long as you are not portraying another's work as your own. I don't know if that means that you necessarily need to reference every object in your scene that you didn't create....but I've used plenty of models with other logos than our own.

Good question though...

- Alex

Comment

my thinking is that the artwork is such a "thumbnail" event in the overall animation that it cant really be a serious problem. But having said that, the animation is a commercial production that will be used to sell a product (condos) so someone might feasibly (in these litigous crazy times) claim their art is helping 'sell' the product and therefore they should be compensated ! I wouldnt be worried if it werent for the fact that the buck stops with me.
      Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

Comment

I've asked a few artists from art.com explaining what I do and how it could benefit us all. In a sense, it can be promotion for their pieces. So far, they have all been very receptive, kind, and quick to respond.
        LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
        HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
        Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Working...
        X