Vray Camera - Matching - Extend frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Camera - Matching - Extend frame

The images above are from an upcoming advert that I am helping a friend with. What I am trying to do is recreate the pool so that she can comp in tiles ( she is a master retoucher - these tiles where added by her ) and extend the set. I have done a fairly good job matching the camera angle and building the set - the problem is now extending it to the right and left. My camera matching isn't perfect ( I don't have my attempts with me here to show at the moment will post later ) I am using 1.47.03 ( working at home haven't upgraded yet ) So here are my questions.

1.Knowing it was shot with a 50mm hasselblad camera and an fstop of 6.5 would the Vray Camera be able to do a better job at matching then the max camera ?
    2.How do you extend the frame of a matched camera angle ? - pull the camera back and change the lens? If I change the aspect ratio of the frame will the perfect change - it seems to.
    3.What workflow do you generally use for matching camera angles?
    4.I am rendering huge frames 8000x6000 (aprox) on XP 32bit is there any secret to stopping the machine from going belly up.

Thanks as always for you patience and help.

I can help with #2:

You can use Martin Breidt's script "oversan" to increase your frame sizes without changing the view:

http://www.breidt.net/scripts/

What I know about camera-matching you could write on the back of a stamp; I can't really help you with 1, 3 or 4

George
    if you've seen one CG shopping centre, you've seen a mall...

Comment

thanks a million

Thanks a million - I'll check out that script - sounds really helpful - I was until 3/4am the last couple of nights working on this - the great thing is they will be seen by alot of people if they work.

Thanks again.

Comment

Life saver

That over-scanning tool looks to be a life saver - I did a quick test and it worked perfectly - can't wait to try it on the real thing tonight - thanks again.

Comment

No worries, Adam, glad to be of help. That oversan widget has become a major part of my toolset, too. It rocks

Good luck, fella, keep us posted eh
          if you've seen one CG shopping centre, you've seen a mall...

Comment

Working...
          X