Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW Benchmark scene (Max 8 Vray RC3 required)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
    nuno@ene-digital.com
    00351 917593145

Comment

this is a great time Lucetius, but the render seems to have more artifacts and be a bit darker than the rest of the lot - look at the red teapot, or is it just my eyes are too tired?!

8 x opteron875 - do you work for NASA?
      DON'T LET SCHOOL INTERFERE WITH YOUR EDUCATION / www.ds4arch.com /

Comment

Probably just jpg compression artifacts...

Comment

Originally posted by Randy
          just playing around with a new Core 2 Extreme QX6700 @3,33GHz:

Core 2 6400 @3,33 = 4:42
          Core 2 QX6700 @2,66 = 2:52
          Core 2 QX6700 @3,33 = 2:15
          Opteron 285 = 3:20
          Opteron 275 = 3:58
          Randy, which motherboard and ram are you using with this overclocked cpu?
          Dusan Bosnjak
          http://www.dusanbosnjak.com/

Comment

here are my results...

dell poweredge 1950 server
            win xp64 bit, max 9 64, vray x64,
            dual xeon quadcore E5320 1,86 GHZ
            4 gb ram

greetings
            chris

www.vis-art.de
            www.facebook.com/visart3d

Comment

ouch...under 2 mins!...that hurts...
              Come to think about it, but the move from the manufacturers to dual and quad cores have accelerated the famous "Moore's law": with multi cores it sure takes less then 18 months to double performance !!!
              - Geert -

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              www.3DIGIT.be
              3Dprinting in full color !

Comment

Well, just ran it on my new personal machine (Macbook Pro C2D 2.33 ghz / 2 gig RAM / Max 9 32 bit / Bootcamp) - pretty respectable for a laptop - 6m 33s.

I'll post the new quad-core I got at the office tomorrow sometime. One thing I noticed with these quads is you really have to run 64 bit... the Modo benchmarks I ran were slower than computers with the 1.86's running 64 bit, since I can't address all 4 gigs of ram, and 8 cores sharing 3 gigs must be arguing about who gets what memory.

Okay, got around to testing the new work computer - Dell Precision 490 - dual 2.33 ghz Quad's, 4 gig's RAM, Viz 2007, Win 32 - 1m 58.8s.

Comment

after seing the results in here i was expecting to be a bit faster on a core duo 6600 but then i realised some of the results are overclocked. This is my time for basically a clean install on my dell dimension core duo 6600 with 2Gb ram:

Mine is is 40 seconds slower than the equivalent time given by another user with similar machine but who used RC4.

really hard to compare when people are using other versions or overclocking!. Anyway hope my benchmark gives people thinking of buying a 6600 machine a realistic idea about how fast/slow they are.

Comment

new machine 7 times faster than your old machine dapeter!?

gotta be happy with that

Comment

test - Xeon 3210

Xeon 3210 - 1Ea
                      OS - WIN XP 64 BIT
                      RAM - 4 Gb
                      Vray - 1.5 rc3
                      MAX 9 - 64 Bit

Comment

Originally posted by dapeter
                        Well, just ran it on my new personal machine (Macbook Pro C2D 2.33 ghz / 2 gig RAM / Max 9 32 bit / Bootcamp) - pretty respectable for a laptop - 6m 33s.

I'll post the new quad-core I got at the office tomorrow sometime. One thing I noticed with these quads is you really have to run 64 bit... the Modo benchmarks I ran were slower than computers with the 1.86's running 64 bit, since I can't address all 4 gigs of ram, and 8 cores sharing 3 gigs must be arguing about who gets what memory.

Okay, got around to testing the new work computer - Dell Precision 490 - dual 2.33 ghz Quad's, 4 gig's RAM, Viz 2007, Win 32 - 1m 58.8s.
                        dapeter - your work Dual 2.33 rendered in 1m 58.8s and lightpixel's Dual 1.86 rendered the benchmark in 1m 58s? Doesn't seem quite right...

Comment

Some results

Heres a mixed bag.....

2x AMD Opteron 265 - Win32 1.8Ghz - 5min8sec
                          Intel E6400 - Win32 2.3Ghz - 6min25sec
                          Intel E6400 - Win32 2.1Ghz - 7min9sec
                          Intel Extreme 840 - Win32 3.2Ghz - 7min31sec
                          AMD Athlon x2 4400 - Win32 2.4Ghz - 7min56sec

The opterons are great value at $250 usd each.

Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

Comment

Dual Xeon E5310 Quadcore @ 1,60 Ghz, 2 gb RAM
                            XP64 bit, max 9 64, vray x64,

2:22

Comment

Originally posted by GregM
                              dapeter - your work Dual 2.33 rendered in 1m 58.8s and lightpixel's Dual 1.86 rendered the benchmark in 1m 58s? Doesn't seem quite right...
                              No it doesn't... I think it may have to do with the 64-bit issue, since XP can't allocate all the system memory available. So I think it may have something to do with the way the multicore's handle RAM in XP32.

Comment

Originally posted by paulison
                                This is my time for basically a clean install on my dell dimension core duo 6600 with 2Gb ram
                                Paulison - I think theres something wrong with that time as I have an E6400 Win32 2GB Ram RC3 and with no overclocking I get 7min9sec. All the components (apart from my cpu) are about as 'low end' as you can get. I would complain to Dell !
                                Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

Comment

Working...
                                X