Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• license rant

when can we expect the dongles?

my software license stopped working, vray asked me for a new code suddenly.
    it took 2 days for an answer, which was a question about my login details, after that a new question why i would need a new license, then the new code.
    as it turned out that i didn't really need the new code, because a reboot fixed it (i have no idea why).

but i'd be pissed if i was pressed with a deadline and couldn't render for a few days. luckily that wasn't the case.
    Marc Lorenz
    ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
    www.marclorenz.com
    www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

I have not been able to get an answer other than "soon", but I'll ask again.

Many distributors already have dongles with them, so if there is one near you, getting a dongle should be relatively quick and easy.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

vlado,

I've got my copy of vray years ago buying it online from trinity3d in usa but I'm in italy; so, which is the "planned" way to get my dongle? contact trintiy3d or the local distributor (buildware?)
      I've not received other contact from u except for the confimation to my dongle request (agoust ?)

thanx

a.
      Alessandro

Comment

I live and work near Trinity3d, and have spoken with Jim Lammers (president) several times, over the last few months, about the dongles, he told me I'd be the first to know when he got the dongles. He posts from time to time here on the board, but I'll give him a call for you and let you know what he says. He's a good guy, so if he had em, Im sure he'd be giving them out.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

thanx a lot percydaman, I was very satisfied with trinity3d too

a.
          Alessandro

Comment

Thanks percy that would be great.

Ive dealt with trinity a couple times and both times they have been great!!

I even bought scalpel max from them and upon finding out how crappy it was they convinced cebas to let me return it, not a lot of places will do that...

-dave
            Cheers,
            -dave
            ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

I spoke to Jim last night (you can add me to the Jim's a great guy list) and he told me that he doesn't have the dongles yet.

-Greg

Comment

cool. I was going to call today, but wont now.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Cool thanks for the update Greg.

-dave
                  Cheers,
                  -dave
                  ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

thanx greg,
                    so the ball is now in chaos hands?

a.
                    Alessandro

Comment

Death of a Dongle

Does this mean that the Dongle idea is dead and or dying - it has been a long time since Siggraph - does anybody have any dongles ? I have to say from what I hear about the legacy of Dongles in the past I am pretty damn sceptical that they are going to be a panicia for all the licensing problems, espcecially when they are taking so long to get in the first place.

Comment

It's definitely not dead and there has been quite a lot going on behind the scenes in this regard; mostly it turned out to be a huge logistics effort that I think no-one here quite anticipated. I'm quite foggy on the details since I don't deal with this directly, but from what I understand a great deal of our distributors have dongles with them already and are just waiting for the final word before they can start handing them to people. Our goal is to get the dongles to you from the nearest place possible, so it doesn't mean that your dongle will be arriving directly from Bulgaria.

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Good

Thats great news - I have just gone through a rebuilding, moving machine nightmare here at work, at the moment I have two boxxmachines running full belt at my feet mainly because the Vray license is being borrowed across the network - being able to transport the license with a dongle would be the sweetest thing ever.

Comment

Working...
                          X