Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

animate matte properties alpha contribution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• animate matte properties alpha contribution?

I've an object wich have to disappear from alpha. With max' scanline, I'm actually animating a blend materiel between a matte material and a standard one. Unfortunatly, matte material doesn't work with Vray, and It seems I can't animate the alpha contribution. Any Ideas?

Re: animate matte properties alpha contribution?

well not sure what u mean by:
    Originally posted by ren0
    Unfortunatly, matte material doesn't work with Vray
    but imho u d better off doing it in post!

my 2 cents!
    Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
    nuno@ene-digital.com
    00351 917593145

Comment

Have u tried to animate the visibility track from track view?
      My Youtube VFX Channel - http://www.youtube.com/panthon
      Sonata in motion - My first VFX short film made with VRAY. http://vimeo.com/1645673
      Sunset Day - My upcoming VFX short: http://www.vimeo.com/2578420

Comment

Originally posted by panthon
        Have u tried to animate the visibility track from track view?
        Thanks, but it makes the object disappear in both RGB and alpha, right?. I want it to diappear only in alpha.

Comment

I might be missing something here but why don't you just add a VRay material wrapper to your material and animate the alpha contribution?

It seems to work in the test scene http://ftp.tskgroup.co.uk/~tsk3d/AlphaFade.max

It outputs a png sequence where the alpha of the box fades from pure white to black over 100 frames.

Dan
          Dan Brew

Comment

so you want the object to remain rendered however you want the alpha channel for the object to dissapear? this is a rather weird setup. im curious what type of effect your going for. if you key the object over a background it would look like the object will dissapear (since the alpha now is at transparent. however if you have any other 3d objects in the scene. their alpha if they overlap the object will screw up the effect.

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Yeah you do not want to animate the visibility track.. vray will spack out.

Comment

Thanks Daniel, I'd never tried VRayMtlWrapper, and since there's no search in Vray help...
                Anyway, it works like a charm.
                To explain why I need this, I have a TV set in my scene. The TV is off. Then the TV powers on and the alpha of the screen itself becomes transparent, so the postprod guys can easily insert a video in the screen.

Comment

i see now the purpose of the fading alpha!
                  anyways the chaos documentation can easily be found in the chaosgroup folder in ur startup
                  Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
                  nuno@ene-digital.com
                  00351 917593145

Comment

Originally posted by ene.xis
                    i see now the purpose of the fading alpha!
                    anyways the chaos documentation can easily be found in the chaosgroup folder in ur startup
                    Where?
                    I used to download it from spot3d, copy the .chm to 3dsmax9/help, and add a line in plugin.ini to have the link in "additional help". But since I use max9, the help tries to open in fullscreen and lock Max. I've to kill the help app, and browse to my help dir. to open it.

Comment

go to start > programs > chaosgroup > ... > documentation
                      Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
                      nuno@ene-digital.com
                      00351 917593145

Comment

Working...
                      X