Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water running on the wall?

Hi all,
    Can anybody help me with how I can make Effect of the water running along the surface of the wall?
    I tryed to search for the picture/map and to supperimpose in Photoshop and I couldn't found any or maybe some idea how to do it in Max?

Regards
    Srdjan

Might be some help for you here.

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ight=waterfall

Comment

Hello DaForce,

thank you very much for your reply. Thread looks very interesting. DaForce you are Da Man

Regards
      Srdjan

Comment

why thank you

I hope its able to help you out.

Comment

I also tried to pull that off in the first image here:

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=18252

I'm not certain anyone gets that the back sculpture wall is a water feature, but my method was to create a mesh slightly offset from the 'rock' surface, and both surfaces had the same rock bump, except the top surface had a glass/waterlike shader on it..I bled out the edges a bit in PS.

edit: oh yeah, I put a bit of noise on the water also and lit it from the bottom and sides to pick up some highlights...

Eric.

Comment

Hello,

I tried few techniques, from the threads, and did not have nice results, ended up with downloaded bitmap and bump. I tried displacement, and all sorts of reflections, specular maps, but no luck I am still busy with the project doing some interior stuff... If there are some other ideas, I will appretiate a lot

Regards
            Srdjan

Comment

i actually did it once by filming a white card slightly tilted back from being vertical and then me and a friend started pouring colored water down it. then in the computer i made it high contrast to get the black and white then a slight bluron it. this i used as a displacement map.on a surface that was hidden slightly inside the wall and the displacement made the surface protude out where the water was running down. opps. you mean a wall like a fountain waterfall feature type thing. my technique was water flowing down a wall due to a leak hehehe

---------------------------------------------------
              MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
              stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

I once did it by creating an animated map using the particle systems in Combustion. Then applied the map as a displacement on planar object with a water material just in front of the wall. Worked pretty well for my needs.

Comment

Working...
                X