Running Vray on both 32 and 64bit Max at same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Vray on both 32 and 64bit Max at same time

I've just discovered there is a x86 and x64 installation file for 1.5rc3. I guess I assumed at first that the x86 version I had would work for both apps but no? So what do I have to do other then installing these two installs seperatly so that I can luanch either 32bit or 64bit max on the same computer and have Vray work regardless? Sorry, I'm still tryign to get a handle on this whole XP64 route we've recently decided to take.

Thanks - Dave

If you have both 32- and 64-bit 3dsmax on the same machine, just run both V-Ray installations. They will not interfere with each other.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado, thanks however I'm in the process of sending an email to support due to a new problem. My 32 bit install went off without a hitch. Max32 bit loads up fine and Vray loads up with all the render settings just fine.

My 64bit Vray install appears to have gone funky. When the 64bit MAX loads up, I get a handful of "failed to initialize" errors coming from the vrayplugins folder. Then, when I try to select the Vray renderer, it's not activated.

I've reinstalled the 64bit Vray twice now. Your thoughts?

Thanks - Dave

Comment

There are two things to do:

1) Open the file "plugin.ini" in the root folder of the 64-bit 3dsmax and make sure that the line for the additional V-Ray plugins is after the one for the main V-Ray plugin.

2) You need to have the vrlserver running in order for the 64-bit V-Ray to obtain a license. While the 32-bit version can find and utilize the local license without connecting to the license server, this is not possible for the 64-bit version - it needs the server to obtain a license.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Wow excellent! Yes the plugins.ini fix solved the loading errors. So perhaps I should stick the vrlserver in my startup folder so it's running all the time then?

Thanks Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by MegaPixel
            Wow excellent! Yes the plugins.ini fix solved the loading errors. So perhaps I should stick the vrlserver in my startup folder so it's running all the time then?
            Yes, you can do that in order to have it start automatically.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Working...
            X