Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I install new license key? sorry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I install new license key? sorry!

Sorry - I had a harddrive crash and bought a new one and had to re-install all my programs. I have received a new license key. How to I install it. I tried going to the "C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\3dsmax R8 for x86" and pasting the 120?? character alpha numberic number in the vrlserver.exe file under enter license here but no dice.

Do I have to do something else?? Once I copy the extremely large number in the exe file I close it and restart max and it set it to Vray render and it still shows "couldn't obtain a license". Do I also have to supply something in the Edit/license server information box???

Thanks for any suggestions.

Regards Peter.

Figured it out!

Now I have to figure out network rendering again. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Regards Peter.

Comment

Look in the Max help file and Autdesk's support pages. Once you have regular scanline network rendering working, then it's simply a matter of having vray installed on all your rendernodes.

Comment

Is Vrlserver.exe (or service) running on your pc ?
        Workstation Core i7 6900 - 32GB RAM - GeF970
        Dual Xeon E5-2630 - 32GB RAM

Comment

Thanks guys - I believe I have it all sorted. Thanks for the help. Do the extra computers help out even in the pre-passes? OR is it just when rendering kicks in? Thanks again.

Regards Peter.

Comment

Peter, you can use DR for the GI calc (irmap only) so it does save some time. But the file in mention is rendering much faster now
            Chris Jackson
            Shiftmedia
            www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Thanks Chris - Yeah - I rendered it out last night and it was fine using DR it was about 5 hrs.

I will probably try it tonight at a little higher preset and do the overall image. Thanks again.

Regards Peter.

Comment

Working...
              X