Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vraysun intenisty - vray sphere light __ intensity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vraysun intenisty - vray sphere light __ intensity?

..anyone know what multiplier i would have to use on a vray sphere light to get close to the intensity of the vray sun? ...i know the intensity will change given the time of day, but i tried a multiplier of 100,000, and it didn't seem to do anything.

If you have an HDRI map in the vraydome light just increase its intensity
    =:-/
    Laurent

Comment

actually i wanted to replace the actual physical sun with a vray sphere light for this scene. i am currently using a HDRI in the environment slot.

Comment

Ok but have you an HDRI in the map slot of the vraydomelight?
        May be you have checked skylight portal?
        =:-/
        Laurent

Comment

As I understand it, the VRaylight will have a much quicker decay than the VRaySun so depending on the VRaylight's distance from your object, it may have decayed too much to make a difference.
          Just a guess.
          sigpic

Vu Nguyen
          -------------------------
          www.loftanimation.com.au

Comment

You'd need to turn decay off - with it on, it'd be a nightmare trying to calculate everything taking distances into account.

I would keep decay off, set the power to 1, render. Switch it off, switch your sun back on, render and compare. Keep knocking the vray light up till the values are pretty similar. You'll need to go pretty high though.

It'll take you about 5 minutes if you keep the quality down and the scene stripped, far faster than trying to get your head around loads of vague numbers.

edit: nevermind, lele just made my post useless!

Comment

sun is around 385.0 float, with a yellow-greenish tint to itself, and no decay.
              Hence you need a light with 385 multiplier, no decay, and a yellow-greenish colour...

Lele

Comment

sweet. turning off decay worked like a charm.

for this scene i am using a warmer orange sun with larger area shadow fall-off to over emphasize a setting sun.

Comment

crazy homeless guy, had you watched Lele's video tuts you would have known what the sun intensity was

Needless to say if you havnt watched them you really should. Some great info there!!

Free plug Lele

Comment

lol DaForce, why, thankyou!

Lele

Comment

...and a link for whoever else stumbles on this thread.

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...video+tutorial

Comment

Working...
                      X