Vray Color and Paint Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Color and Paint Colors

Hey....I have some Benjamin Moore Colors that I have swatched from the website. So make a vraymat and use VrayColor and input the rgb values...Of course the colors are too bright. So is this the right way to do it? Then just adjust the rgb multi to like .75 or whatever? Should I use different color mapping to adjust it? Thanx all
    Eric Camper
    Studio 3D
    www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

are you working in Linear? ...if so, they need a 2.2 gamma adjust. i use the ColorCorrect plugin, and the CoolPicker plugin. fast and easy.

Comment

For now, your only solution to a colorcorrect type of plugin for Max 9 64 bit would be:

http://www.af-video.com/index.html?ahls_fl
      LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
      HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
      Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

When RC4 is release the Vraycolor map wil have a gamma spinner. Which will be exactly what you need.

Comment

color

I use Benjamin Moore also, I drop a vraycolor in the diffused slot and set the RGB multiplier to .255. Works like a charm. Read the sticky post on this method.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com
          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Sweet.... I have always told me friends that I need a new plugin with a spinner...But ....well.....Perhaps that's the reason I dont get any calls......Stange..

Juju: Sweet.....Checking it now

Bobby: NIce just tried it and bam.....right on target....or is it Targeee'

Daforce: Can you send me the special documents and settings that Nikki was talking bout....Damn keyboards.....

Perhaps a little Crackdown tonight....
            Eric Camper
            Studio 3D
            www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

hehe, there was also a method that Vlado posted about. Its for getting spot on colors.. involves abit of math and 2 renders but will do the job
              http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=18421
              There thats the sucker.

Yeah crackdown would be good.. havnt played xbox in awhile actually.
              Only problem is finding a time when we are both up..
              What was your nick on XBL again.. solid firebat?

Comment

Cool....Yup..Thats the nickname.......What is the time difference there.....I nt he morning the kids and I are usually watching the Wiggles.....Aren't they your neighbors or something...

I shall check out the post

Later
                Eric Camper
                Studio 3D
                www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

Well im currently in +10 time zone I believe.. daylight savings just kicked in.. or out.. cant recall.. so its almost 1pm here.

lol the wiggles.. I think they reckon they are everybodys neighbours.

Comment

i recommend this site for paints, it has all of the major manufacturers.

http://www.colorcharts.org/ccorg/

...and then the CoolPicker plug in allows you to sample color from anywhere on your screen. i open the paint swatch in the background, sample the color directly off the website, and then apply the gamma correction.

Comment

Ok......Tried a couple of those things and getting close......I am using Exponential......Is that ok.....Or is it hit or miss with different models?
                      Eric Camper
                      Studio 3D
                      www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

RGB

I use linear, but I have seen some pretty great images using other. I do most of my color tweaks in PS so it doesn't really matter I guess in my case.
                        Bobby Parker
                        www.bobby-parker.com
                        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by crazy homeless guy
                          i recommend this site for paints, it has all of the major manufacturers.

http://www.colorcharts.org/ccorg/

...and then the CoolPicker plug in allows you to sample color from anywhere on your screen. i open the paint swatch in the background, sample the color directly off the website, and then apply the gamma correction.
                          That is some cool stuff! It is going to help us out tremendously, thanks for sharing! Once VRayColor has the Gamma field we will be set! Although I have been becoming fond of the ColorCorrect plugin for modifying images...oh well.
                          Ben Steinert
                          pb2ae.com

Comment

When RC4 is release the Vraycolor map wil have a gamma spinner. Which will be exactly what you need.
                            I didn't want to mention this as it was conspicously ignored by the developers in another general thread.
                            LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                            HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                            Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

It had been mentioned quite a few times before.. by other people and Nikki im sure. So didnt think any harm in posting.

Comment

Working...
                              X