Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR on dual and single quad machine

Hi,

I wanted to try out DR, I have one dual quad (=main machine) and one single quad.

I added the single quad to the dr server list and started the spawner there. When I render, sometimes the single quad does nothing, and sometimes it adds only one bucket to the rendering process. Task manager shows a chaotic cpu load in all four cpu's, giving a total of 25%. (one bucket...)

Both machines have xp pro 64bit and max9 and vray x64

Any ideas why this would happen?

thanks,

wouter
    Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Have a look here.

See Vlado's post and the ones relevant to it.

Comment

hey daforce I think you forgot to add a link somewhere
      Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

whoops

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...r=asc&start=25

hehe

Comment

Hey thanks, that looks like my problem, will try it out tomorrow!

wouter

Comment

No problem mate.

Good luck

Comment

Ok this really works! It does spread my single quad over 8 buckets though But that's a good thing because that makes each bucket compared to my dual quad (with lower clock speed/core) more even. And now I have 16 buckets instead of 12 haha!

Comment

Excellent

Comment

how the heck did it spread a single quad over 8 buckets?

---------------------------------------------------
                  MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                  stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

with that maxscript, if I specify 4 in it, then my dual quad only renders with four buckets, so I enter 8, and then my single quad gets 8 buckets (one core is spread over two buckets)

Comment

i'm still new to vray here, but am wondering if this'll really help in performance increase.
                      basically u could be doing one core for one bucket or one core for two buckets, wouldn't it be the same.
                      or will it help in spreading the available cache and ram in two buckets more effectively

Comment

hey this isn't to speed things up, it's a workaround to get DR working and the effect described is merely a side effect. Follow the link posted in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
                          In the way you would use any other MaxScript property. E.g. make V-Ray the current renderer, open the MaxScript listener (F11), type "renderers.current.system_numThreads=2" without the quotes and press Enter.
                          does it work only if we're using vray VFB or will it also work for standard viz/max.

is there any way to make it a default parameter, if this really helps increasing the performance? bcoz, how could one enter such parameters if the job is being sent to the farm

Comment

Working...
                          X