Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ir on backburner

quick question,

if i am using spilt render on backburner which machine renders the ir map? or do they all render the whole map. Or if they all render just their relavant part of the ir how does the map look consistent across the whole image. just a something i was curious about.

You want to send the IR and LC pass to just one machine. Have that machine save them, and click "Don't render final image" option. Then send your strip render pass, using the saved lighting maps, and make it dependent on the completion of the first pass. Be sure and uncheck the Don't render final option.
    "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

dont use Backburner split scanline rendering
      each stripe have a overlapping to the the next - depending on the AA settings it can be 24 pixel
      multiply that overlapping with the numbers of strips u have and in worst case you render the image twice
      use DR for your still - prepass GI works fine in DR
      long story short - DR is made for large stills

to answere your questions
      each BB server computetes the GI just for the current strip - no constant look after stitching together even the overlapping
      split scanline say it all - -> scanline

Comment

Well of course, everyone knows about the overlap, but that's no reason to avoid strip rendering in backburner. BB takes longer to render than DR, but with BB you can continue working while the rendering is going. Also, if you have several people each trying to render a couple images overnight, it only makes sense to queue up on BB.
        "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

there is a new function coming in RC4 that allows you to send DR jobs to BB
          Chris Jackson
          Shiftmedia
          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

i dont believe ive ever seen any problems using split rendering. and its honestly a waste of time to render imap on one computer then farm it out.

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

just DR the irmap works a treat
              Chris Jackson
              Shiftmedia
              www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Working...
              X