metal screen reflection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metal screen reflection

Anyone know how to achieve this type of reflection in a metal screen material? Thanks.

Im not sure what your getting at. Its a metal screen thats showing off some anistropic highlights due to the nature of the thing. It also isn't a perfect surface so theres some 'bump' to it.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

A lot of it is down to the bump map - either make a rounded looking gradient with lots of repeats or model the ridges of the geometry manually.

Comment

The right opacity/bump map along with a carefully crafted color map and spec and your off and running.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Thanks....I'll give it a try.

Comment

I think you may want to have 2 different materials. One for closeup shots, that mimicks how the screen really works, and one for farther away shots like this photo.

I think if you try to really mimmick the material in detail, then you'll have all kinds of antialiasing and morrie pattern problems when you scale out to this level of detail.

Comment

It will only be seen from a distance - in views and an animation....so the close up will not be necessary. I will try to work on it tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
              X