Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray with VIZ 2008

Hello All

We have recently upgraded from VIZ2007 to VIZ2008. We have been using the latest release of vray within VIZ2007 which works a treat. However, it doesnt appear to be compatible with the new release of VIZ (200

Can anyone shed any light on this compatibility issue?

Cheers

You probably need to download and install the version for 3dsmax 9. Some users have reported that it works fine with VIZ 2008.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado

Thanks for the quick reply. Can we use our original username and password to download this version from the website?

Is it possible to have both versions of vray working with their respective versions of viz? i.e VIZ07 with vray1.5(max & VIZ08 with vray1.5(max9)?

Originally posted by vlado
      You probably need to download and install the version for 3dsmax 9. Some users have reported that it works fine with VIZ 2008.

Best regards,
      Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by sparky
        Thanks for the quick reply. Can we use our original username and password to download this version from the website?
        Yep.

Is it possible to have both versions of vray working with their respective versions of viz? i.e VIZ07 with vray1.5(max & VIZ08 with vray1.5(max9)?
        Yep, you should be able to do that.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
          Originally posted by sparky
          Yep.

Yep, you should be able to do that.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          Excellent, I'll download and see if things work ok.

Many Thnx

Comment

Yes, the max 9 version works with viz 2008, and you can have Vray installed for both Viz 2007 and Viz 2008 at the same time no problems.

That said - Viz 2008 is probably the worst release of Viz I've ever encountered... File Link seems to be broken (I can't link anything from ADT) and the new mental ray licensing scheme is terrible. They're definately trying to push everyone to max.

Comment

Originally posted by dapeter
              Yes, the max 9 version works with viz 2008, and you can have Vray installed for both Viz 2007 and Viz 2008 at the same time no problems.

That said - Viz 2008 is probably the worst release of Viz I've ever encountered... File Link seems to be broken (I can't link anything from ADT) and the new mental ray licensing scheme is terrible. They're definately trying to push everyone to max.
              lol......you have just filled me with so much enthusiasm and confidence for the new release.......and i havent even used it yet

Comment

I ran side by side viewport test with 2007 and 2008, the 2008 viewport was much faster with the same scene open.

Havn't really ran into much trouble myself with 2008, but I do not use file linkng...yet.

I get the same feeling about adesk's abandonment of viz.
                Ben Steinert
                pb2ae.com

Comment

a hotfix was released for this file linking issue back near the end of April. You can get it here...
                  http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=9242899

2008 seems more of a Mental Ray update release more than anything...

ME
                  Matt English
                  Harper Perkins Architects / base2studios
                  VizDepot.com Moderator
                  AArch2008/VIZ2008/VRay ONE POINT (WHOOHOO) FIVE!!!

Comment

Hi,
                    We are using 3 licences Viz2007 which all going to update to Viz2008.
                    >> So, as it has been said here, we gonna dowload the correspondant version of vray for our new version of viz without problem and costs.

We are intending to buy a licence of Max 9.
                    >> As, when we install Vray on a PC (rendernode or not) we have to specify the VizPlugins folder or MAxPlugins folder, how will it be possible to use the Distributed Rendering altenatively from max and vray ?
                    In the same way, a backburner job sending from max will be detect vray on a VizVray installed rendernode ?

Sorry for my difficult english and thanks for your answer.
                    Arno

Comment

I've tried to reinstall vray RC3 for max8 on a rendernode which already run with viz2007+vrayRC3.
                      The installer ask me to desintall the previous version of the plug...

Comment

When it says that "The older version must be uninstalled..." etc, click OK, but when the uninstaller itself starts, select Cancel. Then go on with the installation.

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

It works.
                          Thanks for your help vlado

Comment

Originally posted by dapeter

We are encountering the same problems with the file link for VIZ 2008. The link to the patch mentioned on earlier in this thread fixes this bug for legacy max files that were file linked for max files saved in earlier versions. We are having the same problem with the file link for current files originally created in VIZ 2008. It goes through the motions of opening up then........nothing!!!! very frustrating as we have many models file linked from ADT and refernced into VIZ for final renders. Has anyone experienced similar problems with the new release of VIZ. Any ideas how to fix this bug??

Comment

I've had similar problems (i.e. appears to update linked file and then nothing) and was able to get around it by doing a selective reload. Choose "selected in list" and just make sure everything is selected. This works great for anything thats already in the scene but haven't found a solution for anything that's new.
                              www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Working...
                              X