Photoshop render element importer v0.02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello
    We were waiting for this tool for... 1 year.

Thanks for your work
    Arno
    Last edited by idtools; 10-12-2007, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mediastation View Post
      I'm probably being an idiot, but I can't seem to get the .bat file to work.

I've dropped it in the same folder as the vrimg2exr.exe file (C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\3dsmax R9 for x86\tools) but when I drag my vrimg file onto the .bat file, it gives me the message:

`vrimg2exr` is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

Any ideas?
      I have the same problem, XP pro. Trid on two different machines.

Comment

You probably need to set the Working folder in the shortcut properties for the .bat file to the same folder that contains vrimg2exr.exe; it does not automatically look for the .exe in the same folder as the .bat file.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          You probably need to set the Working folder in the shortcut properties for the .bat file to the same folder that contains vrimg2exr.exe; it does not automatically look for the .exe in the same folder as the .bat file.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I placed the bat file directly in C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\3dsmax R8 for x86\tools

it's not a shortcut.

Comment

You still need to create a shortcut to the bat file for it to work properly. Also I suggest placing the shortcut in the "send to" folder in "documents and settings". That way you can right click a vrimg file and send it directly to the bat file from anywhere.

Comment

That did it, thanks!

Comment

Thank you so much. I just discovered and currently enjoying......THANKX!!!!

Comment

Hi there, thx for you work m8. i adjusted the bat file a bit to fit my needs.
                  i copy the vrimg2exr.exe to my renderoutput map, (where a .vrimg file is located)
                  then i adjusted the bat file like this:

set file="Render 020000.vrimg"
                  vrimg2exr %file% fn1_Color.exr -channel "RGB Color"
                  vrimg2exr %file% fn1_Alpha.exr -channel Alpha
                  vrimg2exr %file% fn1_Diffuse.exr -channel VRayDiffuseFilter
                  vrimg2exr %file% fn1_RawLighting.exr -channel VRayRawLighting
                  vrimg2exr %file% fn1_Global_Illum.exr -channel VRayGlobalIllumination
                  vrimg2exr %file% fn1_Caustics.exr -channel VRayCaustics
                  vrimg2exr %file% fn1_Reflection.exr -channel VRayReflection
                  vrimg2exr %file% fn1_Refraction.exr -channel VRayRefraction
                  vrimg2exr %file% fn1_Specular.exr -channel VRaySpecular

vrimg2exr %file% fn1_Lighting.exr -channel VRayLighting
                  vrimg2exr %file% fn1_Shadow.exr -channel VRayShadow
                  vrimg2exr %file% fn1_Normals.exr -channel VRayNormals
                  vrimg2exr %file% fn1_Self_Illum.exr -channel VRaySelfIllumination
                  vrimg2exr %file% fn1_Atmosphere.exr -channel VRayAtmosphere
                  vrimg2exr %file% fn1_Background.exr -channel VRayBackground
                  vrimg2exr %file% fn1_Multimatte1.exr -channel MultiMatte1
                  vrimg2exr %file% fn1_Multimatte2.exr -channel MultiMatte2
                  vrimg2exr %file% fn1_Multimatte3.exr -channel MultiMatte3
                  pause

Then i created a shortcut to the .bat file
                  shortcut is : C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /k vrimg2exr.bat
                  Start in is : "%0\."

Then i run the the shortcut and the bat file is executed, when correct starting map and such.
                  and you only have to change the top line in the bat file if you render has a other name..

My Homepage : http://www.pixelstudio.nl

Comment

Originally posted by n6 View Post
                    Would be perfect if Photoshop could open vrimg directly but...
                    Then u could render to EXR instead of VRIMG and photoshop would be able to open it. Just change the extension in the V-ray raw image file file dialog to *.exr.
                    My Youtube VFX Channel - http://www.youtube.com/panthon
                    Sonata in motion - My first VFX short film made with VRAY. http://vimeo.com/1645673
                    Sunset Day - My upcoming VFX short: http://www.vimeo.com/2578420

Comment

Panthon: Indeed. You'll have to invest in ProEXR to be able to open render elements in the EXR files though. http://www.fnordware.com/ProEXR/ (definitely worthwhile)

Pixelstudio: I'm not sure I see the advantage of doing it that way. With the original you don't have to change any files at all. Just drop the vrimg file onto a shortcut pointing to the bat file. (or do like me, put a shortcut to the bat file in the send-to folder in documents and settings) You could even take it one step further. Actually I just did....
                      Take a look at the attached zip file.
                      It includes three files. A new version of the bat file and two .reg files.
                      To install, place the vrimg2exr.exe and the vrimg2exr.bat files in the root of C:\ (you can put them elsewhere if you really want to but you'll have to edit the paths manually)
                      Next doubleclick the vrimg2exr_install.reg file to install it into the registry (use the second reg file if you want to uninstall).
                      Now you can simply doubleclick on any vrimg file anywhere and it'll be converted without any hassle. Nice, huh?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Shimakaze; 20-02-2008, 04:19 PM.

Comment

that s awesome Shimakaze!thanks again!
                        Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
                        nuno@ene-digital.com
                        00351 917593145

Comment

okej Shimakaze, thats much better thx
                          My Homepage : http://www.pixelstudio.nl

Comment

the world is changing abit at a time ... thanks for sharing it's priceless
                            and world class!
                            Studio Max 2009 x64
                            X5000 Chipset | Dual Core Intel 5140 | 4G RAM | Nvidia FX3450 drv 6.14.10.9185

Comment

Glad to help

Comment

Hi,

I also downloaded the ProExr plugin, but now i wonder how do you save a layered exr file with vray? As a test I simply added every vray render element, but when I save the render and open in PS with ProExr, there are no extra layers.

Thanks,

wouter
                                Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Working...
                                X