Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens exactly when you try?

Comment

when I use the vrimg2exr in my tools it just converts to 1 exr file that I can extract my info with the pro plug in. Without the pro plug in just a color and alpha are extracted. (this is in photoshop) when I drag and drop on the vrimg2exr batch I get a long error message that ends with c:\vrimg2exr' is not recgnized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. so...were do I get the batch file? I'm confused? When you render out to vrimg I thout this tool that is included extracts your render elemnts.....am I wrong or do I have to buy that plug-in?
      Last edited by Chris; 16-04-2008, 01:35 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure what is wrong. Make sure the vrimg2exr.exe and vrimg2exr.bat files are both in the same folder ( c:\ )
        You have to manually copy the vrimg2exr.exe file there.

Comment

thanks for the help. They are in the same folder on the c:\ What do you mean by manual copy? right click copy? I am gonna try again...nope...I get the same results....I must be doing something wrong.

Comment

Are you using the shell extension? Dropping files onto bat files doesn't always work properly. (you can make a shortcut to the bat file and drop the files onto it instead)

Comment

I truly am an IDIOT. thanks 4 that. When I created the shortcut, placed the shortcut on the desktop and then did a drag and drop......Worked like a charm. It somehow missed the zdepth channel but I will do some experimenting.

Comment

Depending on which version of VRay you use the bat file might not work.
                (also it only works with default element names).
                I'm honestly not 100% certain how well it works with the current one, but I have a new version ready for SP2 that is much better in every way.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I am using 1.5 sp1 for max 2008 64bit. Looking forward to the new..er version. So how would I extract my zdepth? Or will this be part of the sp2 version?
                  Last edited by Chris; 16-04-2008, 03:48 PM.

Comment

I just went back and checked the old version and it doesn't support ZDepth. You will have to do it the hard way for now. The new version will support all the render elements though.

Comment

Awsome....thanks for the info, can't wait

Comment

New version is available here:
                        http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...ad.php?t=41740

Comment

Installed this a week or so ago and works great for the rgb and alpha. However, I am not getting any elements. Must be doing something wrong!

Comment

The old version doesn't work with VRay 1.5 SP2 and vice versa
                            So if you have installed SP2, be sure to use the new version, and if you haven't use the older one.

Comment

I'm using the old version with SP1.

Comment

The old version only supports the following render elements:

RGB color
                                Alpha
                                VRayDiffuseFilter
                                VRayRawLighting
                                VRayGlobalIllumination
                                VRayCaustics
                                VRayReflection
                                VRayRefraction
                                VRaySpecular
                                VRayLighting
                                VRayShadow
                                VRayNormals
                                VRaySelfIllumination
                                VRayAtmosphere
                                VRayBackground
                                MultiMatte1
                                MultiMatte2
                                MultiMatte3

If the elements you're trying to export is on that list something else must be wrong. If not, you can edit the bat file in notepad to add the names of the elements you need, or just upgrade to SP2 already

Comment

Working...
                                X