Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray lighting

Guys

Something that has been puzzling me recently is how to get strong defined shadows through glazing into an internal area. I have an internal scene which has glazing (basically an attrium) I have a vray light positioned on the inside of the window to throw light into the space. I have also created a directional light on the outside of the building that points through the glazing as Im trying to get the window fenetstration to be cast into the internal area. I have used the 'vray shadow' setting in the directional light parameters box but cannot seem to get the shadows to project onto the internal surface. Does the shadow setting have to be set to raytraced shadow instead.....bit confused????? hope this makes sense......(im tearing my hair out....it must be something simple im not doing!!!!)

Cheers

Sparky

Make sure your vraylight is invisible, or the directional will be blocked by it.

Lele

Comment

Yeh, the internal vray light plane is invisible and thats one of the things that is puzzling me.....should I use vrayshadow option for the directional light or adv.raytraced or just raytraced.....it does seem to blast the internal area with light when i try and use raytrace shadow for the directional?? any other ideas????

Originally posted by studioDIM
      Make sure your vraylight is invisible, or the directional will be blocked by it.

Lele

Comment

Do you have affect "Affect Shadows" checked in the glass material?
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Yeh, I have, but also tried it with it unchecked and still the same prob with no shadows being cast through the galzing from the directional light...

Originally posted by dlparisi
          Do you have affect "Affect Shadows" checked in the glass material?

Comment

guys.........I tried deleting original directional light and creating a new one and it worked.....think the original directional got corrupt somehow......a little bug there maybe.........anyhow.......it appears to be working now so thanks for all the help on this.....(thought I was goin mad!!!!) lol

Comment

vray shadows should be fine. have you tried unchecking cast shadows in the properties of the glass objects?

edit:
              well, glad you sorted it.

Comment

And also have your glass objects been made "not visible to GI" in object settings?

Comment

Cheers, I'll take a look.

Originally posted by GALACTUS
                  And also have your glass objects been made "not visible to GI" in object settings?

Comment

Working...
                  X