Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newer buits

Hi everybody,
    it is really boring frustrating to know that newer builts than rc3 are available but not to have befenit of them, and of the bug corrections. what can explains that some pple are working with rc4 and some other are not ?? i am actully not ablle to understand that ..(sorry for that bad english...)
    Btw it become really complicated to explain to a client that solutions to our pbms are alive but not to be able to tell him if we can benefit of them.
    best regards

send a email to vlado.. ask nice, and i'm sure you will get a new build

Comment

normally the newer builds are sent to certain people to test them.

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

i asked him, but i actually have no answer and i am in a kind of critic situation with something like 16 picture to render for friday about a huge LVstore in china and many bugs a really boring at the moment like slow kill transforming vertices ........ those improvements are really important for my deadline... I know the answer to those pbm is alive but i can't get it and can't get any answer to the mail i sent to vlado (bigup) and u know i am in a kind of rush ....so u know it is a bit disapointing for me today.................................... i know that rc5 is being develloped but i still can't benefit the rc4 improvements ......btw it doesn't matter that s life but it would have been really appreciated just to have solutions to my pbms....

to aphex79: u right but when u didn't slept so much since many days ..sometimes u don't really know what is nice or not ahahahha

to da elf: i can understand that but why an rc5 and no news about rc4 ???????? u gonna tell me that rc4 is just a step but iguess it is the step i need at the moment......

thx anyway
        best regards

Comment

rc4 had some bugs in it. but since the product changed enough its now up to rc5. might even be beyond rc5 who knows except vlado

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

im still using rc3, and my office is still using rc3, and while I'm sure I could get the latest build if I asked, as we have been putting up with alot of the current build bugs, there's workarounds for most of what we are dealing with. I guess my point is, what bugs are you dealing with that you need the latest build so bad? Please keep in mind, that if vlado thought that rc4/5 was 'ready' to release, he would have already.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Dont mistake newer builds as a straight forward solution to bugs or Problems you encounter. There are different bugs eventually that can be real show-stoppers. So swtiching builds in a critical situation is not a good idea at all.

Regards,
              Thorsten

Comment

mens i am talking about slow kills and long transforming vertices which can be really boring when u have to test something like 16 pictures ...u know one or two minutes*16picture*10 tests = 2 hours....and more if you make more tests, and my deadline is in two days so u know hour are importants actually for me ....my client had just finished his design and i won't have so much time to loose ...i'd prefer have a sleep u know!
                and btw i have to produce an animation too so ...it becomes to be a lot and just few improvements should help me to sleep a bit or just to render the project at time with good quality (i mean not bad quality)

thorsten ..if can test it on a workstation and if it is ok i think it doesn't matter
                iam not afraid by that at all.

regards

Comment

yes, you posted the two worst bugs for me, but I'm still using rc3 until vlado says its ready to go. So really your bugs aren't really even showstoppers (keep you from rendering completely) just annoying time lags. I feel for ya, cause I'm with ya, but who knows what might happen if you switch midstream to rc4/5???

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

I can tell you...most likely the scene wont render at all or produce errors, you know ? Murphy's law always strikes hard in cases like that...

Regards,
                    Thorsten

Comment

i am not a fool ....i test and verify and go ....and by the way i can let one of my partners check for me while i am working ......murphy's law i know it very well....btw i think u are right but i think it is worst checking too...
                      btw u know if can't i can't and i'll go with my actual workflow but i'll stay really disturbed by that idea i could have saved hours in my life .......i already spent so much time in front of my comp nights and nights without sleeping..
                      u know health is important too ...but i am a kind of slave of the hardware, software, releases, and like many pple don't do that for pleasure but just to live.......
                      bbah nevermind
                      one more time i'll go at the end of that mission with that huge shop ( 2000m² in interior rendering with all furnitures, merchandising, maps, materials, lights ,motion pple, and all) and one more time that rendering mission will be an hard fight ...ahahahaha
                      btw it s not vray fault ...still the best renderer and a great community too .
                      cheers

Comment

well the best of luck to ya!

Comment

I understand your point very very well. But even tho we do have some newer builds we dont use the latest ones in production. After a while of internal testing without finding show-stoppers we switch EVENTUALLY. :P

You can also try writing a PM to vlado about an updated build in addition to an email, sometimes mails get caught in spam filters on either end

Regards,
                          Thorsten

Comment

Btw luxury brands don't care why they can't get what they want....if they want something they want it....
                            i am in really difficult position

thanks for your support

i'll post the rendering later if it is worst but u know really few time...ahahah

Comment

percy thx to ure support..the mission was done and all the pictures sent to the client ...ahahaha in a good way! some are treally not amazing .but some are not so bad (in regard of the time) i ll post the picture monday whenb i ll get back to work. thx to vray community to be there and to be one of the best community not to say "the best one".
                              cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X