X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just install the manager
    let the servers untouch

Comment

i tried to install that backburner update and it screwed up my backburner manager. I couldnt install or uninstall backburner. So be warned.
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

gotta love autodesk!
        Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
        nuno@ene-digital.com
        00351 917593145

Comment

not really loving autodesk for backburner thats for sure!

Has anyone else had issues with this error - "invlaid jpg image header"?

Its happeing a lot and its a pain in my autodesk!
          Chris Jackson
          Shiftmedia
          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

i m working on a file...not huge by anymean...wich gives me a c++ error when sending the file to the bb!

isn t it gr8?
            Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
            nuno@ene-digital.com
            00351 917593145

Comment

Btw i was talking with a friend close to autodesk....
              he told me to try pipeline fx....just received a trial...i'll check it and btw devellopers come in france in the middle of july.the manager seems great....

Comment

Originally posted by jacksc02
                Has anyone else had issues with this error - "invlaid jpg image header"?
                nope, but I had a bunch of "unknown errors"

I'll try updating only the manager, can't stop having fun with backburner.

Comment

I am the onlyone without problems ?

from time to time BB bugs when I swap much settings in the monitor
                  but so far all ok here

Comment

jacks...i get that error alot...not sure what to do about it
                    -joe
                    www.boxxtech.com

Comment

Sorry guys I'm with Quake on this I've been using BB for months now with no problems.

Comment

joe- what kind of file server are you using? is it windows based? or linux?
                        Chris Jackson
                        Shiftmedia
                        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Originally posted by spill50
                          Sorry guys I'm with Quake on this I've been using BB for months now with no problems.
                          Same here, very few specificly BB related problems in our time with it. But that very well could be due to the fact that all of our submissions through backburner are single frame renders, also perhaps due to our network running well the majority of the time.

The features listed in those 3rd party options sound enticing, but I really do not see anything that would add value beyond what we are getting for free in backburner. On top of this, someone whose company seemingly revolves around this type of program chooses to use the free Backburner over a 3rd party option kind of hits the nail on the head for me.
                          Ben Steinert
                          pb2ae.com

Comment

I also have never had any problems with Backburner and it seems to cope very well with network drops and systems that need rebooting etc (not because of backburner)

I played with Deadline and it seems like a fantastic solution if you have millions of machines but for my needs (4-6 machines) Backburner performs every time.

I run my manager separate and also my file store separate from the render nodes, I wonder if this is why it works so reliably.

Comment

im sure BB is pretty stable with 4-6 machines. Try 50 machines. of course everything gets complicated with that many machines.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Am actually pretty sure BB is the smaller problem. We DO have more then 6 machines :P a whole lot of problems went away when we switched the OS on the manager machine to Windows Server 2k3 instead a regular XP. Mind you patching the connection limit did NOT help heh

Regards,
                                Thorsten

Comment

Working...
                                X