vray fur settings help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray fur settings help?

Is somewhere more info about vray fur settings especially all those map slots you can use for styling? There's nothing in online help. I'm tryin gto create this:

with vray fur but I can't get the fur to lay on the plane, when bending too much it's just going under the surface. I really need to use vray fur becasue with max hair and fur I can get it perfect but with number of hairs I need render time is enormous!!! I know I can make vray proxy but still.
    Luke Szeflinski
    :: www.lukx.com cgi

your probably not going to be able to replicate this real well with vray fur. It has no controls for clumping like hair does.. No control of frizz either.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

The bend direction is a RGB map so you can control the bend vector to make the fur bend to the outer edge like on the rug.

here is the map I used, the gradient is not quite right, needed to rotate it to work.
      http://www.varcht.com/colors.jpg
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

thank you Eric
        Luke Szeflinski

Comment

hmm it's strange but it's not behaving like in your example.
          I got something liek this:

I was trying vertex paint, and gradient ramps but can't get the outside fur to bend outside rug boundry. Sometimes on one side fur is out but on the other sied it's inside again.
          Luke Szeflinski

Comment

We did a small plugin that allows you to sort of comb V-Ray fur in the viewports; I don't know if/when we will release it, but I suppose I can get it to you if you are interested.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado that would be awesome. can you please send it on my email lukx@lukx.com ?
              Luke Szeflinski

Comment

Originally posted by lukx
                hmm it's strange but it's not behaving like in your example.
                I got something liek this:

I was trying vertex paint, and gradient ramps but can't get the outside fur to bend outside rug boundry. Sometimes on one side fur is out but on the other sied it's inside again.
                you need to rotate the map, the combing thing sounds cool though.
                Eric Boer
                Dev

Comment

Hey, that seems great !

I didn't knew that it was possible to give a direction to the fur... How exactly do you apply the RGB map to have this effect ?
                  Philippe Steels
                  Pixelab - Blog - Flickr

Comment

vray fur comb???

I would also be very very interested in an intergrated ability to comb the fur dynamically. My email is csmith@kitchensinkstudios.com, much appreciated!!!!
                    www.beingstudios.com

Comment

Working...
                    X