Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXCLUDE AND INCLUDE IN VRAY LIGHTS

hi good people,
    is exclude and include in vray lights working?

to elaborate a little bit, i am having a situation here. hopefully someone can help, because this is rather urgent (thanks in advance).

a condo scene, with mirror finish on top and glass all over the body of this building. i need to have sky bitmap reflection on both material, but i need my background empty/fill with vray sky.

this is what i did: i put a big half sphere behind my camera, and i map it with vraylightmaterial-with my sky bitmap-. inside the max object properties, i untick the renderable, and untick the cast shadow and receive shadow as well.
    to lit the scene, i am having a vray sun- and vraydomelight, inside the domelight i put my vray sky. and in my vraydomelight, i exclude the sphere, hoping that my building will still get the ray from all the lights inside the scene. and also i am hoping that my sphere doesnt get into the GI, at all.

problem: my rendered scene, with the sphere is much darker and i lost the blueness of the vraysky.
    this is the image :

Shot at 2007-07-11

this is my scene if i hide the sphere

Shot at 2007-07-11

and this is the screenshot of the scene

Shot at 2007-07-11

please help, if someone has another way around, or any solution to my problem.

note : i am avoiding HDRI. thanks.

Best Regards,
    Dominique Laksmana

Just a guess - try unchecking the half sphere to "visible to GI" under the vray properties.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

^%$^$#&^*^^&$&^3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stupid me. thanks dlparisi. that works like a charm.
      Dominique Laksmana

Comment

Working...
      X