Wallwash strip lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wallwash strip lights

I have a lobby shot to do. I am putting perimeter wall washer lights (vray strip lights) in recesses around the perimeter walls. Each wall length is a different length, so each vray light is a different length.

If I put the same multiplier in each light, will they be the same brightness?
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

How about setting the VRay light to luminous power and copy your light as an instance , then just scaling the lights to size the output should remain uniform, as setting it to luminous does not rely on the size of the light object.

Comment

they will if you set the intensity units to something besides [default] image

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Cool - cheers guys!

Whats the rule to think of vraylights in terms of 'W'? For instance, I don't think you would have a 60W bulb as 60 vray 'W' would you?
        Kind Regards,
        Richard Birket

Comment

Only Lumious power (lm) and Radiant power (W) ignore the size of the light. All others will change the intensity if you change the size of the vray light.

Do a search there is quite a few threads regarding vraylights and W's

But since its just a strip light.. just make it look good

Comment

Originally posted by DaForce
            Well said
            Clients usually don't care about it being physically accurate anyway. Most of the time not even when they say they do

Comment

The manual states that "a typical 100w bulb emits 1500 lumens" eg setting your VRay light to lumious power and a value of 1500 in theory would give off the same amount of lumens as a 100w bulb.

If you do a search on the interwhatsits you will come across some sites with specific products from light manufacturers and their rated lumen value.

Comment

Agreed, but a starting point is always good. Will do a search.
                Kind Regards,
                Richard Birket

Comment

Working...
                X