White border

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White border

I remember this being talked about before, but I could not find the tread. How do I get rid of the white border around my image? When I paste a sky into my alpha channel (PS) I get that white border. What causes this and how do I resolve my issue?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

try photoshop - layer - matting - remove white matte. not perfect, but should be better than what you have.

as i understand, the white fringe is a result of the AA in your image blending with whatever the background is. maybe try rendering against a sky, even in you are going to comp a sky later.

Comment

just be sure to always render against black.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Originally posted by crazy homeless guy
        as i understand, the white fringe is a result of the AA in your image blending with whatever the background is. maybe try rendering against a sky, even in you are going to comp a sky later.
        Exactly, try to adjust the overall brightness of your background to the future composition. I always put a corresponding Vray sky then I composite the sky with blendings on top of the vray sky, with the model on top of this, masked with his alpha.

Defringe works well with white/black alpha, but it's a complete mess on gray alpha, so avoid it if you are using alpha for the glass parts for ex.
        Philippe Steels
        Pixelab - Blog - Flickr

Comment

white border

I remember there being a setting when I open up in PS. I was saving as a exr, which had this button, but since I started using CS3 I stopped using exr's because they were not opening the same.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com
          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

most likely glorybound, you just needed to reintroduce the proper gamma. Unless I'm way off from what your saying.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Working...
            X