global bump modifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• global bump modifier

I think Lele might have already scripted this, or there has been a post about this before (sorry) but is there a global bump modifier?

I think this was in the other post - but as you probably noticed at small res you need "X" bump.... at high-res you need "X/20%" bump. This is a pain in the arse to modify all materials. Could there be a way to make the bump based on global size? Could it be as easy as using world space in the bump modifier vs. explicit texture?!
    www.studio2a.co

If there has been a post before then do a search but maybe that might take more than you usual 5 minute per week to find it

Regards
    Ingo

Comment

http://www.scriptspot.com/Lele/VRay_...erter_v1.1c.ms

I added a third checkbox, use it in absolute or relative mode to change bump.
      Make sure you deactivate diffuse and reflection if all you need is to change the bump...

Ziiiing, anyways: you owe me a zillion dollars for saving you another 5 minutes of searches. Paypal address is inside the script.

Lele

Comment

don't run the script!!!!! you'll be charged
        =:-/
        Laurent

Comment

Good one Lele :P

Comment

it seems blood, sweat and tears isnt worth as much as it used to, hey Lele

Comment

Ok. Thanks for the help guys. I'll give this script a try after this project.... we already changed them all manually.

I would gladly pay for stuff like this. We have already lost more time and sleep than I care to even consider adding up. Even more so if somebody would keep a collection on their website like ole Neil Blevins.

Lele, any way to automate this more and tie it to render size? Where is EGZ? Need a dynamic bump map bitmap type....
              www.studio2a.co

Comment

Working...
              X